New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

To do programs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Albert Reeder

Albert Reeder is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro with oodles of memory

Good Morning All,

Does anyone know of a good "to do program"?
Sticky notes is OK, but I would like something a little better. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Leopard's Mail.app has a To Do feature. Have you looked at this one?

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

Yeah, Mail is what I use for all my To Do's
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

iCal also has todos. It actually integrates with Mail, so they are the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

I haven't tried it but http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30287 but it's for tiger or panther. I found this at icalshare.com which has a lot of different things from calenders to scripts and programs...

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
carleymarie

carleymarie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.

I am with Alycia. I use the to-do on iCal and it syncs with iMail. You can check off when you've finished a task which is visually appealing because (for me at least) I like to see what I've done and what I have left to do.

♥ MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD ♥ 16GB Wi-Fi iPad ♥ 16 GB iPhone 3GS ♥
♥ 3G Red 8 GB iPod nano ♥ 2G silver 4 GB iPod mini ♥ 2G purple 1 GB iPod shuffle ♥ 4G orange 2 GB iPod shuffle ♥
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Getting Things Done on the Mac

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

nicely done Kash, as usual!
QUOTE Thanks
Davvyk

Davvyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD

i use a little app called dejumble. google it. it suits me
QUOTE Thanks
ki99

ki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

well, if your mac came with it, then i would suggest omni outliner. i still have yet to figure out most of this program, but it works great for to do lists . if it didn't come with your mac though, i would leave it me, as it is far to expensive to only use such a small feature.
QUOTE Thanks
sand2347

sand2347 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am trying to take a print of my To Do List, in which i have made entries in Apple Mail itself. However, the print function does not highlight at all, and does not let me take a print.

I have tried taking a print through iCal, but the problem is, all entries made in Apple Mail, show a thread linking it to AppleMail in the print, which i am not able to remove. This makes the list into 3 pages instead of 1 and with a lot of gibberish (links) in the middle.

I have tried making the list in iCal itself and taking a print, but the surprising part is when i do a sort in iCal (by title), the print does not come in a sorted manner (neither does the print preview) so its not a printer integration issue.

I really like the To Do in Apple Mail (not iCal), and it would be perfect if i can figure out a way to print it.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
QUOTE Thanks
emitch

emitch is on a distinguished road

I've been using ECCO for years, on a PC, and love the ability to brainstorm and organize anything in an outline and then assign dates, which appear as ToDo's in a calendar. Everything seems to be built into Mail and iCal, except for the hierarchal aspect of the outline. I've looked at OmniOutliner, Office and Bento. Are there programs like ECCO for Mac?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Google History in Safari | I did it! »