New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

"Save As"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kbrodz

kbrodz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4.

How do i save as with a mac since I cant right click the image and save it? I cant seem to figure out how to save images off the internet.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

hold control on the keyboard and click, in the menu, select ave image as, or if youre using safari, just drag the image to the desktop.:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
General_K

You can also drag an image from Internet Explorer, by the way. You can also plug in a two button usb mouse, and use the right mouse button.
QUOTE Thanks
kbrodz

Im using mozilla firefox with the apple mouse. I guess im stuck using control-menu stuff. Thanks for all the help.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrodz
Im using mozilla firefox with the apple mouse. I guess im stuck using control-menu stuff. Thanks for all the help.
mozilla firefox is good, but just a question, why dont you use safari?
QUOTE Thanks
kbrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
mozilla firefox is good, but just a question, why dont you use safari?
I didn't like that i couldnt turn off the auto complete for the URL. That feature is just something that I have come to really dislike.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

o, thats right
Attached Images
File Type: gif beercheers.gif (4.9 KB, 37 views)
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Hey kbrodz,

I'm also using Firefox. I learned a trick to bring up the menu, in order to save as. You can just click and hold on the link, then that will bring up about the menu too. This trick is only true in Firefox. It's faster sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrodz
How do i save as with a mac since I cant right click the image and save it? I cant seem to figure out how to save images off the internet.
You could just buy and use a two button mouse...

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Apple C copy, Apple V paste, control + mouse click for image copy (brings up menu)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tips on how to get Apple to send me a new PowerBook | Optimizing Volume »