New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Microsoft Office For Mac 2004 jumpy on Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lukenn77

lukenn77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black

Hi guys,

I just did a clean erase and install of Leopard on my macbook 2.16GHz and have just installed MicrosoftOffice2004, but when im typing its really jumpy and the same for clicking same selecting text, it takes a noticable amount of time for text to appear after i hit the keys. However, as im typing even now its a little delayed. Anyone know what could be up with this?
Thanks in advanced,

Luke
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

MS Office Mac 2004 was compiled for a Power PC Processor (G4, G5). i have noticed that it lags on both of my macbooks, but on my G5 iMac it runs great. it will get the job done on the macbooks, but i usually try to keep it to a minimum.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Did you install all of the updates for Office? Office 2004 needs a couple of updates to run properly under Leopard.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
lukenn77

lukenn77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black

yeah it went through about 7 updates, i kept clicking "update now" until it told me there were no more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adobe Photoshop Elements | About to get my third Mac, a Early 2006 Mini »