New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple Remote Desktop to Windows XP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Z4MC

Z4MC is on a distinguished road

Anyone hav any links for me or experience with Apple RDT (Version 3.0?) to Windows XP? As a soon to be new switcher I need to remote into my Windows XP machine at work and will be actually working on that machine not just viewing files. Thanks for the help. If I can do this and boot camp when I need to play games or run windows locally (getting a Mac pro) no need for a WinBox at my house. Casual once a month gamer not every night where I need a major frag box. Call of Duty 4 is just a great way to relieve stress! The NVidia 8800 card on the MacPro will be fine for that I think.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I use microsofts RDC, it's free and works well.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...p/default.mspx

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Z4MC

Z4MC is on a distinguished road

Thanks! That I will use I didnt know about that. Truly get the best of all worlds OS X for home/personal/video tasks, Still have real time access to work PC in real time and being able to use that remotely and Boot Camp Vista for gaming and when I have to use a Windows PC for local work.

Gee with a platform like this Apple should be at 10% Market Share in no time
Would that change the company? Subject for another thread.

Mike Ditka once said after the Bears Super Bowl victory agains the Patriots 20 years ago:
" We had no problem handling and dealing with adversity but it was success that killed us"
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

yea, it's a bonus to be able to use multiple platforms readily The thing I like about the MS one is you can change connection settings readily and save the connection, along with uname and pass etc.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Salutory Lesson - red faced plonker alert! | Entourage vs VMWare / Parallels and Outlook »