New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Mail Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KiwiJenn

KiwiJenn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver

When I went into Mail it asked me for my Xtra password, so I entered it, but I wasn't sure if I tick the box next to where it says, Remember this password in my keychain. If I should tick that box, then let me know.

Anyhow entering my password or not I was getting mails. I sent myself a test email to both accounts and it came through. It seems that Xtra account is having the problem

I still have thee weird icons up by Xtra account, what does it mean? and what do I need to do?
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

If you don't check that box it just means it'll keep asking for your password when it checks for new mail. That one's up to you.

That icon thing means that the account is offline or there's a problem (can't quite remember). If you click on it it will take the account back online, and it'll check for mail whenever it's next due to.

Chances are it's a problem with your mail server. If everything was ok before and you entered the password correctly (ie, it didn't reject it) then don't worry too much.
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

I think it means the mail box is offline. If you click on it, it should ask you if you want to go online. Hopefully everything will be fine and it'll go online. It might ask you for your password if it turns out you didn't save it in the keychain.
QUOTE Thanks
KiwiJenn

KiwiJenn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver

Thanks everyone I had to enter my password again a few times and I ticked that box so it remembers it. Finally the icons have gone from the Xtra account so I guess it's back online. xxx fingers it's all in working order again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« webcam? | xobox 360 --> MacBook »