04-25-2008, 03:32 PM #1
MSN Messenger & Apple iChat Problems...
- Member Since
- Apr 23, 2008
- Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, England
- 15.4" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz, 4GB Ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD, Glossy - 1TB Time Capsule - 16GB iPhone
Well its only been a day and i have encountered my first little problems, tee hee. i think its just me being silly but i have tried everything and am unsure about my next step.
Before i get to the problem please forgive me if this problem is posted anywhere on this forum i did have a quick search but didn't uncover anything similar to what i am about to ask.
Ok here goes...
1) I am a .mac member and have tried to sign into iChat with this id, however every time i do this i get an error which says the following "The host refused the connection, please try again later."
2) I have just installed Microsoft office:mac and it came with MSN messenger however every time i try and sign it it says i am not connected to the internet, even though i am otherwise i couldn't write this.
Many thanks in advance...
Kyle15.4" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz, 4GB Ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD, Glossy - 1TB Time Capsule - 16GB iPhone 3G
04-25-2008, 05:15 PM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 31, 2007
- MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
First of all, with the iChat, if you literally just signed up, then tried to sign in, the servers need to refresh their list of usernames, so it may just be that.
as far as MSN problems go, I use aMSN. It's much better than any Microsoft mac clone, and it's almost exactly the same as MSN
you can find it here
Hope this is helpful
Dave"Windows users swear at their computers, Mac users swear by their computers"
SUPPORT THE SAMARITANS AND BEFRIENDERS WORLDWIDE - providing emotional support for those with suicidal and despairing feelings.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Clueless in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
By soundsystem00 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2008, 05:12 PM
By GringoBoy87 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 01-02-2008, 03:21 PM
By taina in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM
By 4g63t in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-18-2007, 12:12 AM