New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

So How long did it take you to buy another one?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Blizare

Blizare can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd

After maybe 2 weeks with my new Mac Pro at the shop, I'm absolutely loving it. So........I just ordered a refurb 24" from apple.ca for home. I can't handle pc's any longer. I still have 2 new laptops that will do what they do for now (till they get replaced with a macbook at some time)

I'm so stoked, just about as happy as when I got my MP. I ONLY wished it could be a matte screen, but I sure couldn't pass up the 24" Of course I'll max out the ram from OWC.

Refurbished iMac 24-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Part Number: FA878LL/A
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
Accessory kit
320GB Serial ATA Drive
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Apple Keyboard (English) + Mac OS X
Apple Mighty Mouse
1 $1,589.00 $1,589.00
Ships by: 28 Apr - 30 Apr
Delivers by: 6 May - 12 May
QUOTE Thanks
chaunce322

chaunce322 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB HD

Yeah, I'm dying to get an MBP. I picked up a 24" iMac last summer, and now I'm looking for something more portable. I just need to clear up some bills...

Sean
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

I bought a PowerMac G5 just about 2 years ago now. I was hooked from the start. About two months ago I went out and got a MacBook Pro (from which I am entering this post) and I love it too. Apple makes GREAT products!

We now have two Macs in the house, 5 iPods, and an iPhone, and I am about to go out and get an Airport Express base station.

I am also itching to upgrade from my PowerMac G5 to the latest Mac Pro, but I haven't quite got all the money together for that yet. I am about half way there. Soon, soon...

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

yay. I can/'t wait 4 days. I'm kind of excited to see how this single 2.4 and 1 gig/ram compares to dual 2.6ers and a decent chunk of ram.
QUOTE Thanks
hexonxonx

hexonxonx will become famous soon enough

I bought my first Mac last July, one week after I bought an iPhone. I was so impressed with the quality of the iPhone that I had to have a MBP to use with the phone.

Last March, I wanted another Mac. Had almost made up my mind to get a second MBP until I saw the iMac. Got the 20" and have been loving it. April came and I had to have another Mac so I bought a Blackbook.

Now I want another one. I've been going back and forth between a MBA or a 24" iMac. I'll probably go for the 24" iMac.

Who knows what will happen this summer when and if new laptops are released. Yes, I use all three of my Macs and I frequently have the iMac and BlackBook going at the same time.

20" iMac aluminum
13" MBP
3 iPhones
QUOTE Thanks
hondagus87

hondagus87 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: New MACBOOK

Bought a G4 macmini in April 2005, then bought a 12 inch iBook in October 2005, then bought a white macbook in August 2007 then bought a 20 inch 2.16ghz iMac in September 2007. Finally bought a black refurb 2.16ghz macbook last month.

The macmini I sold when I left Korea in December 2006
The iBook i gave to my little sister in December 2006 as a christmas gift
The iMac I bought from a military friend being deployed for 800 and was offered 925 for it in February so I sold it.
The white macbook is my wifes
The black macbook is mine

I also own an 8GB ipod touch, 8GB ipod nano (new version), 4GB ipod mini, an airport extreme base station, an airport express and had a 30GB ipod video but gave it to my dad and a 20GB ipod I gave to my brother in law last month.

Way too much money spent on apple stuff but I love it
QUOTE Thanks
EGGO

EGGO is a jewel in the roughEGGO is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).

The money that could be used to buy a redundant and inferior piece of equipment could be used to upgrade my machine with either more memory, monitors, audio/visual equipment, or a couple of tanks of ink for my printer.

The Visual Portfolio
I hate mac zealots as much as windows/other OS zealots.
QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

Are you talking bout hondagus?
QUOTE Thanks
jamesdmc

jamesdmc is on a distinguished road

Bought a 24" 2.4GHz 750 gigHD Aluminum iMac just before Christmas last year along with two 80 gig iPod Classics.

I just sold off some home theater equipment I wasn't using and now have more than $6k to play with . Won a 30" ACD on eBay for $1225 (still waiting for it to arrive). Still trying to decide: quad or octo-core Mac Pro, but I should be ordering that within the next couple of weeks.

We have a Dell in another room of the house that gets light use, so I'm thinking about putting a mini in there for surfing & email.

James
QUOTE Thanks
Thyamine

Thyamine will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb

Depends how long it takes me to convince my wife I need a new one and that she can have my old MBP (old as in 1yr old, so going to take a while).
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I bought 4 Macs in a year and four months. I wasn't satisfied with the MB so upgraded to the iMac and then the MP. Upgraded to the new MP because it was actually cheaper then just upgrading the video card in the older one.

2 Macs though is too many.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

only have one - for about a year and a half.

would love to get an imac if i had any money at all to put towards it.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

imnothardcore is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

I bought a powerbook g4 to discover leopard and mac for the first time

less than a week later I went to best buy credit card in hand and bought a macbook,(and sold my gateway) which i have bought an incase hard shell and incase laptop bag for, and soon a bluetooth mouse. a few days later i got the 4gb's of memory from new egg.

after owning my macbook for about 9 days i just bought a 16gb ipod touch. (and sold my ipaq)

im debating converting my desktop over eventually too, and just using windows xp via bootcamp for the gaming I do.

Ive caught a disease and I blame you all for it....hahha this forum is why this happened...lol

thank god i have decent credit ...... (for now......lol)
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I find it hard to understand why people feel the need for constantly new stuff... it's like they're compensating for something else.

My journey to Apple certainly started with the iPOD (I got a 3rd gen 20GB iPOD in 2003). In the same year I got my last Windows laptop ever and in 2004 I build my last windows desktop (which I still have).

In early 2006, I started using my Wife's G3 and enjoyed it, but it has a few issues and would sometimes go to sleep and not wake up for days (lol but true). So I got her a new MacBook in September 2006 and was about to renew my own laptop anyway, so got myself a MacBook in October 2006.

I am very happy, but it we ever decided to renew the desktop, I'd get a Mac Pro, but for now, we use the screen with our MacBooks and the PC has not been switched on for about 2 years.

I replaced my 3G iPOD a few months ago with a classic, because the HDD started skipping.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I kept switching due to $$ issues. I bought the MB because I wasn't willing to pay $60 a month just for Internet service. I walked a block to Panara and used their free Internet for an hour a day.
I realized I couldn't edit photos on that 13.3 LCD so I swapped for the iMac. Although I hated the all-in-one design, I couldn't afford the Mac Pro. When I could, I made the plundge. Because I keep my machines in perfect shape, I never took much of a hit.

Now I am extremely satisfied and I'll keep this bad boy till it's grave. I may have a new computer by then, I hope this lasts 8 years plus, but it should make an excellent folding machine.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Application preferences not saved | 1st post »