New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iBook questions...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

batchcga

I just got my iMac G5 20" and want to also get an iBook with bluetooth. If i use bluetooth items, such as another keyboard and mouse with the iBook will the wireless mouse/keyboard on my iMac go all nuts becuase there are two sets on my desk?
and two:
How much difference in computing power is there between an iBook that with 800mhz vs one running at 1ghz considering ram is the same in both. I am looking on ebay and the apple store and am not sure how this will affect the performance of the system.
and lastly:
How does the computing power of a G4 with 256mb ram compare to that of PC laptop with 1gz intel celeron and 512mb of ram?
I bought one apple...and now I need another!!..thanks for your input!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

The wireless mouse and keyboards shouldnt interfere with each other, and as for the ibook question, it depends on what youll be using the ibook for, if youre using it for surfing the internet and typing up papers, theres no discernable difference, if youre running video editing apps, or 3d/graphic design apps, there will be a small difference, but it also depends a lot on the front bus speed. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« replacement player for winamp | Quicktime Pro »