New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Forgive Me, I'm A Switcher, No Classes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jearnest

jearnest is on a distinguished road

I have a few questions. 1. Why is it that when I google my email address, minus the 'mac.com' that several thousand are 'saved on your computer' at Google Desktop Beta? 2. Can I get rid of this application/setting? 3. How do I prevent emails from being saved on my computer? I'm pretty weary of clearing them! I look forward to any and all posts. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
TopDog

TopDog has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook / Mac Mini

Google Desktop is best uninstalled by using the Google Updater.

If you are on OS X Leopard I think Spotlight is much better than Google Desktop. I tried Google Desktop for a week, and then uninstalled it again.

What do you mean by question 3? Are you using the Mail application? POP/IMAP ?

QUOTE Thanks
jearnest

jearnest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
Google Desktop is best uninstalled by using the Google Updater.

If you are on OS X Leopard I think Spotlight is much better than Google Desktop. I tried Google Desktop for a week, and then uninstalled it again.

What do you mean by question 3? Are you using the Mail application? POP/IMAP ?
Thanks for the info about Google vs. Spotlight. I'll try the uninstall the way you recommended. As to question 3, yes, I am using the mail application. Like I said, when I google my email address, minus the @mac.com, google desktop offers a link that says: 'about 5,166 items saved on your computer'. When I click on the link, all my previously deleted emails show up, in the form of links. It has me mystified.
QUOTE Thanks
kfordham281

kfordham281 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

As to question number three: The easiest way would be to just delete the items in the sent mailbox just before quitting.

Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speaker Recommendation? | Video Recording Application [pic] »