Did I do ok? First Mac
    I ordered a Refurb MB 13.3/2.2Ghz/1GB/120GB
    iWork, the iKlear polish kit, AppleCare, a 4GB RAM kit from Crucial and an InCase neoprene sleeve for just under $1600.

I ordered it for surfing, photo management and editing, some home movie making, iTunes and home recording with my USB recording interface for recording my guitar...Did I make a mistake by not getting a Penryn?

Sorry...big purchase for me and I'm already nervous...

Shannon

Specs:
     15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
    I'm sure you will be completely satisfied. The performance difference between the two generations is hardly noticeable. However, I'm not sure if that one can support 4 GB of RAM? someone else needs to verify/tell me wrong here. But for what you want to be doing, it is plenty powerful and will suit you well Enjoy it!
    Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
    What sound does your Rooster make?

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    I have a 2.2Ghz MB w/ 2GB and I love it! You won't be sorry. Welcome to Mac-Forums! This is a great resource to find answers to all your questions.

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    Quote Originally Posted by ogacon View Post
    I'm sure you will be completely satisfied. The performance difference between the two generations is hardly noticeable. However, I'm not sure if that one can support 4 GB of RAM? someone else needs to verify/tell me wrong here. But for what you want to be doing, it is plenty powerful and will suit you well Enjoy it!
    I'm pretty sure 4GB is not a problem...

Specs:
    macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
    I just got a macbook as well, and love it...lol

i think the price sting goes away when you have it haha

and the fact that you bought the memory not from apple saves you quite a bit of money so id say your in good shape. ive been playing with mods to my apple at mac2sell.com alot lately.

Specs:
    Alright. Maybe it was the previous gen before that that only supported 2gb. I'm not Mac or Computer guru for that matter.
    Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.

Specs:
    Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
    Sounds ideal. New processors are only new until the next one comes along. What matters is how yours performs.

My 4 year old daughter uses a G3 to surf the web

I'm a little relieved now, thanks...I haven't been an Apple or Mac user since the early 90's with the exception of my 1G nano...My desktop PC died last week and I finally decided I was going to make the jump. I don't game on PC any more, I use an xbox 360 for that, so the Macbook seemed like a no brainer for the tasks above along with some web development...the only thing I really had question about was if 120GB HD was enough

Specs:
    Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
    Hard disks are never big enough. The bigger you get, the more you store . . .

Home movie making will soon eat that up.

I have 4 hard disks in my mac, adding up to more or less 1tb, and I'm filling that up.

Specs:
    You can always buy external harddrives, which can come in large sizes. It is probably smart to back everything up anyway as if your computer were to happen to crash you could lose all your work and priceless memories of your home movies!

Specs:
    Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
    You're good. That emptiness you're feeling in your wallet will be gone the moment you open that box!

cool, cool...one last thing...I passed on .mac...seems like there are a lot of free services that provide similar functionality...am I right or totally off base?

Specs:
    Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernShred View Post
    cool, cool...one last thing...I passed on .mac...seems like there are a lot of free services that provide similar functionality...am I right or totally off base?
    I'm not a .mac subscriber and, as you stated, I've found similar services at cheaper rates. The only thing .mac has that I can't duplicate easily is "Back to My Mac", but I wouldn't use that feature anyway. You can survive without it.

Thread Information