New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple Store shipping

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thefishofwisdom

thefishofwisdom is on a distinguished road

I'm going to be buying a macbook pro soon and I was wondering what shipping method apple's online store used for the free shipping. Also I was wondering what the approximate travel time would be once it ships. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

In the US it's FedEx. I believe their shipping time estimate is 5 days, which .. well.. is about what mine took (counting the weekend)

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
iApple

iApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)

Well the travel time after it ships will vary on where you live really. I believe the free shipping is 3-5 day FedEx as Dysfunction said. But again it all depends on your location and where the macbook ships from.
QUOTE Thanks
Corbri

Corbri will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g

I just ordered mine 10 minutes ago and here is my shipping info:
Ships by: Apr 15 - Apr 17
Delivers by: Apr 17 - Apr 23
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Mine took about 5 days to arrive. One night at each stop on the way. Shanghai to Alaska to Saint Louis to Tennesee to Fort Lauderdale and another day for delivery.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

well, right now it'll ship from China

mike
QUOTE Thanks
hexonxonx

hexonxonx will become famous soon enough

Why not spend an extra $30 and have the MBP shipped overnight? I think it's worth the extra money rather than waiting 5 days to get something I'm paying some serious money for.

20" iMac aluminum
13" MBP
3 iPhones
QUOTE Thanks
Corbri

Corbri will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g

I was gonna do the overnight, but it didn't give me the option :-/ I upgraded to the 2-3 shipping for 18 dollars. It didn't have a 1 day option though. And to add, it said it cost 18 dollars but it didn't charge 18 dollars on the purchase so maybe the 2-3 is free 0.o I dunno.
QUOTE Thanks
Amanda

Amanda is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 1GB RAM 80 GB Combo Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
Why not spend an extra $30 and have the MBP shipped overnight? I think it's worth the extra money rather than waiting 5 days to get something I'm paying some serious money for.
Definitely agree. If you are going to spend more than a thousand dollars what's the extra $27?
QUOTE Thanks
iApple

Mac Specs: 2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)

so wait, they ship macbooks and macbook pros from china? or is it just the macbook pro?
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Just about everything Apple sells comes from China, despite the oversized "Designed in California" label they stick on everything. It's so prominent, it's almost like they are trying to cover over something...

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

In their defense though, almost every other major manufacturer currently turning a profit does the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks
iApple

bah well from china to PA...i might as well pay for the overnight shipping when i order it...
QUOTE Thanks
hexonxonx

hexonxonx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iApple View Post
bah well from china to PA...i might as well pay for the overnight shipping when i order it...
They offer the overnight unless you order any customizations such as glossy screen or a bigger drive. These will make the overnight option not available.

20" iMac aluminum
13" MBP
3 iPhones
QUOTE Thanks
Amanda

Amanda is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 1GB RAM 80 GB Combo Drive

My notebook shipping out of California, not China.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Was yours a 'stock' model or did you modify it? It was also a macbook right?

mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail and Exchange 2007 | help »