New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Uninstalling Apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

salmar

salmar is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram

I'm also new with the Macs. I have been uninstalling apps by dragging them into appzapper and it works okay. But I've been reading in this forum about programs/apps having their own uninstaller. Where do you look for or find the uninstaller first to see if a program has one? In windows I knew where to look,but never gave it a thought on how to do it with a Mac. Thanks for a reply.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Some mac apps have uninstallers, some don't.

But you are using app zapper, which will work fine

Most of the time you can just trash the app, but at least app zapper does the job of deleting library files and prefs as well

I think you are doing just fine with your current method
QUOTE Thanks
salmar

Thanks for the reply, so I guess just dragging the app to appzapper removes all if not most traces of the program. But when a program has it's own uninstaller where would I look for it? If a program has it's own uninstaller I'd prefer to use it first. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Look in your Applications folder. Usually programs with uninstallers create a subfolder in to hold their contents including the uninstaller.
QUOTE Thanks
engrmariano

engrmariano is on a distinguished road

just uninstalled adobe potoshop cs3, i use its installer. when clicked, 2 option will apear. repair or uninstall.
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

A good rule of thumb is that if an app used an installer to install, than it'll probably come with an unistaller.
QUOTE Thanks
salmar

Thank you all for your responses. I'm only into my 3rd month using a Mac so I still have a lot to learn but every day I'm learning something new.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HowTo Delete a Sprint Data Card Network Connection | Switcher having problems »