Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: PDF file probs

  1. #1


    Member Since
    Apr 07, 2008
    Posts
    3
    PDF file probs
    Hi,

    1. Am trying to attach a pdf file to a mail message using Apple Mail, but it always expands the file into the body of the mail message, rather than leaving it as an unopened file as it does for an excel file for instance. Same outcome with drag and drop, as with insert file command.

    Got around it by reverting to Gmail and browsing for the file name to be attached, but surely it should work in Mail as per attaching other types of files?

    2. Another query - how to pdf more than one excel spreadsheet at a time within the one file - ie whole workbook into one pdf file? I use print command, save as pdf, clicking the whole workbook option, but no luck - always pdf's just the open sheet.

    thanks for any help with these - Malc50

  2. #2

    The Vindicat3d's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 05, 2007
    Posts
    985
    Specs:
    Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
    1. Not sure how to keep it from doing that, but it shouldn't present any problems, it will work the same as a regular attachment and if you check off "Send widows-friendly attachments" (in the chose file screen) it should work well for windows users too. Hope that helps =/
    Use the Rep System!!

    Check out my Blog-->Malevolent Poetry-Updated as of 4/4/08 and will be weekly.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Apr 07, 2008
    Posts
    3
    PDF probs again
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicat3d View Post
    1. Not sure how to keep it from doing that, but it shouldn't present any problems, it will work the same as a regular attachment and if you check off "Send widows-friendly attachments" (in the chose file screen) it should work well for windows users too. Hope that helps =/
    Tx for this - yes, am using windows friendly check. Have checked again, and in fact the email sends with pdf file attached ok, but also outlines the file contents in the body of the email. Highlighting and deleting this prior to sending negates the file attachment.....??!

    Any comments re being able to pdf the whole excel file contents, both worksheets ??

    cheers - Malc 50

  4. #4

    JohnTheMacGeek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 05, 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    874
    Specs:
    Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Malc50 View Post
    Tx for this - yes, am using windows friendly check. Have checked again, and in fact the email sends with pdf file attached ok, but also outlines the file contents in the body of the email. Highlighting and deleting this prior to sending negates the file attachment.....??!

    Any comments re being able to pdf the whole excel file contents, both worksheets ??

    cheers - Malc 50
    You are correct.

    To address the OP: This is simply how Mail displays these types of attachments. At the other end, especially to a Windows machine, it will appear as a normal attachment.

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Mar 04, 2008
    Posts
    477
    How many sheets are there? If you open them in Preview you can simply drag and drop the pages from the sidebar into one document. Hopefully you don't have like 500 sheets.

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Apr 07, 2008
    Posts
    3
    PDF probs again
    Quote Originally Posted by AlyciaAnimation View Post
    How many sheets are there? If you open them in Preview you can simply drag and drop the pages from the sidebar into one document. Hopefully you don't have like 500 sheets.
    Many thanks mate! Works fine - I'd never really used sidebar before. cheers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can I convert a .key file to a pdf file.
    By Bigjakesrq in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 02:48 AM
  2. PDF file
    By Larry Potter in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
  3. I need to make a PDF file from a word file
    By MacPhotoPro503 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 09:57 PM
  4. OS9/X dual boot probs, OSX install probs
    By willc0de4food in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 12:42 PM
  5. cannot open pdf file
    By flying in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 01:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •