New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Anyway to have the same gestures on Firefox like Safari?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zimbu1234

zimbu1234 is on a distinguished road

I just got an MBP with the new touchpad feature. I am loyal to Firefox. I really want to take advantage of the three finger back and forward gesture but I can't get it to work.

I tried a few of the Firefox add-ons but I don't know if any of them have been updated for an MBP. One of them made my KB all wacky..as in it wouldn't let me place a cursor in a Firefox text box until i disabled it.
QUOTE Thanks
Sennec

Sennec will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Yea, that'd be pretty cool, I didn't even know about this feature.

Another stain on the sidewalk.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Wish there were, it's not even a usable function in the FF3 beta

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
zimbu1234

zimbu1234 is on a distinguished road

I am bumping this because, for some reason, I was rewondering if this was possible anywhere....

Anyone find anything new?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP

I am new to mac... just got a MBP...I put FF on it RIGHT AWAY because of my links on foxmarks... what is this feature youre speaking of?
QUOTE Thanks
Josso

Josso is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: None... :(

@JohnMcClane:
It's this feature - just in Safari. (So you can go forth and back in your history)

- Josso!
Know more than some new Mac-users, but they're so expensive.
Hope they'll be it worth.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

multiclutch.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Ridge

Ridge is on a distinguished road

There seem to be a few Firefox gesture add-ons using a mouse, but I haven`t seen anything that works with the trackpad.

I`m in the same situation as the OP: just got a new Macbook, installed Firefox, found the gestures only work in Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
multiclutch.
Exactly! Not only does it let you assign gestures for Firefox, it allows you to define system wide gestures.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
Exactly! Not only does it let you assign gestures for Firefox, it allows you to define system wide gestures.
Not only that, but it lets you assign gestures to downward and upward three-finger swipes as well, not just side-to-side. I have swipe up/down cycle through my tabs for me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching to Mac from Windoze | New MB or Prior Model MBP? »