New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Installing Airport on PC to connect to Time Capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sevenstar

sevenstar is on a distinguished road

I've recently changed over to macs--an imac and a macbook pro-- which has been great so far, but I've been trying to use a pc on my new time capule network without success. I've been unable to use the network printer or to back up things on time capsule. I've installed the software that came with the time capsule. Any ideas? Please forgive this question if it's too naive--I'm very new to such things.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

Are you connecting with wireless or via ethernet? You'll have to use the Airport Utility on either one of your Macs or your PC to allow the HDD inside the TimeCapsule to be shared.

Use the Rep System!!

Check out my Blog-->Malevolent Poetry-Updated as of 4/4/08 and will be weekly.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnTheMacGeek

JohnTheMacGeek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad

Make sure the firmware for Time Capsule is up to date. I believe there are Windows-specific drivers that need to be installed on your PC in order for a PC to run properly on the TC, but it sounds like you've already installed those. If you're trying to connect wirelessly, I'd first hard wire it in to make sure you can connect to the TC.

QUOTE Thanks
johnnyappleseed

johnnyappleseed is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how you can use time machine to back up on time capsule since the PC will not have the software. However, to print, you first must use Bonjur to map the printer. Make sure the printer is connected to the USB via direct connection or via USB hub and ensure the printer is turned on. Next run Bonjure. The setup is pretty straight forward. You will be able to print after installing the printer via the bonjur software, just like like you always printed.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Advice for a Windows user buying first Mac - which model? | Finally did it!! »