Deleting personal files from company computer
    I am sending my OSX mac to another teacher and need to delete my personal files, web browsing history, and any temp files that I can. How would one do this on Firefox? I know how to empty the cache and delete the history, but do I need to go deeper than that? Are there preferences and other things that I need to delete manually on the computer hard drive?

Here's a bunch, including the cache (Firefox's random.default folder consists of random numbers, so it's different on each machine):

"Cache" of folder "random.default" of folder "Profiles" of folder "Firefox" of folder "Caches" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

If you don't want to delete Firefox's entire Preferences folder, you can delete these files (they are recreated when Firefox starts).

formhistory.dat
    history.dat
    downloads.rdf
    cookies.txt
    sessionstore.js
    urlclassifier2.sqlite
    kf.txt
    webappsstore.sqlite
    search.rdf
    XPC.mfasl
    secmod.db
    search.sqlite

Other files in applications that may be used with Firefox (or any browser):
    file "Acrobat WebCapture Cookies" of folder "8.0_ppc" of folder "Acrobat" of folder "Preferences" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

files in folder "TemporaryItems" of folder "Caches" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

If you have Stuffit:
    files in folder "Stuffit Deluxe Recent Items" of folder "Allume" of folder "Preferences" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

Flash:
    delete folder "#SharedObjects" of folder "Flash Player" of folder "Macromedia" of folder "Preferences" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

delete folder "macromedia.com" of folder "Flash Player" of folder "Macromedia" of folder "Preferences" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

RealPlayer:
    file "cookies.txt" of folder "RealMediaSDK" of folder "com.RealNetworks.data" of folder "Preferences" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

QuickTime:
    files in folder "downloads" of folder "QuickTime" of folder "Caches" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"
    file "com.apple.quicktimeplayer.plist" of folder "Preferences" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

If you have VLC:
    delete file "org.videolan.vlc.plist" of folder "Preferences" of folder "Library" of folder "MyLogIn" of folder "Users"

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    Ooof.

Just create a new user account for the new user. Then log out and delete your old user account.

You will need an administrator account to create or delete other user accounts. Most people have only their own account, which is necessarily an administrator, on their Macs. In this case, you will have to make a new administrator account before you can delete your old one. (This can be the same as the new user's account; then they will be the only administrator of the computer.)

Uninsatall
    Unistal the application and reinstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisho View Post
    I am sending my OSX mac to another teacher and need to delete my personal files, web browsing history, and any temp files that I can. How would one do this on Firefox? I know how to empty the cache and delete the history, but do I need to go deeper than that? Are there preferences and other things that I need to delete manually on the computer hard drive?
    Vishal Singh Bhardvaj

Thread Information