New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Where Are The Windows Switchers?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mimmyhonker

I find it funny that Mac sites such as this are filled with people who switched to Mac from Windows becasue Windows crashed all the time, but I have yet to see a Windows Switcher site anywhere, or even hear of people witching from Mac to Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmyhonker
I find it funny that Mac sites such as this are filled with people who switched to Mac from Windows becasue Windows crashed all the time, but I have yet to see a Windows Switcher site anywhere, or even hear of people witching from Mac to Windows.
very few people go back to windows after using a mac... as my signature says on another forum, Once you go mac, you never go back.
QUOTE Thanks
GSMarquis

I switched from windows to mac about a month ago, scince then my mother bought a imac as well, and we aquired a powermac g4 also.

My first mac is a imac 17inch g4

now that i bought this imac, i relized that i should have bought a 1.6 g5 for i have started to play UT2003 and my imac is lacking FPS. I added 512 for a total of 768 but i still cant shake the ut2003 lag.

I have a trade offer in buy, sell, trade forum so i can aquire another 512 so-dimm to max out my imac.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Well I have an iMac and i dont have a poblem with UT2003.. you could probly just lower a few settings with out compromising game play.. thats what i did.

As for mac to windows.. there are sites.. and microsoft tried to launch an attack to counter mac.. but it failed because they used a fake story and a random picture of someone from a picture stash.
QUOTE Thanks
/\pp|eGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Well I have an iMac and i dont have a poblem with UT2003.. you could probly just lower a few settings with out compromising game play.. thats what i did.

As for mac to windows.. there are sites.. and microsoft tried to launch an attack to counter mac.. but it failed because they used a fake story and a random picture of someone from a picture stash.
I switched back in November, nice dual 1.25 G4. I won't go back to a PC for anything other than games, and those are getting fewer and fewer. I maintain an XP machine, but I haven't turned it on in over a month. My MAC is my everythign machine. I agree once you GO Mac, you'll never go back.
QUOTE Thanks
mic

mic is on a distinguished road

here i am long time pc boy just made the switch very unhappy to start with just the prospect of a "mac" had me scared crazy mate's calling me insane but now i have sorted it all out i CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BEAUTIFULLY THESE MACHINES OPERATE ..... the simple things in life are just easier with these get-ups looking forward to a happy life with mac now .....
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If you wanted a switch to PC site on the internet you could go back in time to the mid 90s. Back then Microsoft was storming ahead with NT and Windows 95.

Apple were languishing, with uninspiring hardware and high costs, while continually promising the next great OS, but never delivering

Back then there would have been plenty of switchers to the PC

Without Steve Jobs radical shake-up of Apple, the mac may have gone the way of the Amiga, a great platform that lost its way
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
If you wanted a switch to PC site on the internet you could go back in time to the mid 90s. Back then Microsoft was storming ahead with NT and Windows 95.
Heartily endorsed louishen. I was head of technology in a school way back in '95, and where was Apple? Hiding in a closet somewhere with an uninspiring thing called System 7. Wow! That really took the world by whimper. Nothing I could do or say persuaded the powers that were then to set the school up with Apple machines. They were too darned expensive anyway. So the students suffered with Win 3.1 and only late in the year did Win 95 make its way into the school - and I made my way out.

Quote:
Back then there would have been plenty of switchers to the PC.
Not so much switchers, as new users. And you're absolutely right about cost. There were hundreds of dollars difference in purchase price, and no amount of persuasive pleading could change that. It was only when Apple started producing competitively priced machines that new users - and switchers - took serious note of the vastly superior operating system and product quality.

It would be good under this current thread to find out how many Mac home or personal users have to use (suffer?) PC machines at work or school. Aaaagh!
QUOTE Thanks
madinmex

madinmex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook air, pro ipad air

With ref to Hughvane. My home is work. I have an Imac 2.0 Ghz dual 20", sitting next door I have a Dell AMD dual 2.51 Ghz. (vista) both have 1 GB ram

I started both at once and run a time check to see how long before I could open my first web page.

The mac took 1 minute 07 seconds. The dell 6 mins and 37 secs !!

The Dell has a few apps in the taskbar plus a A/V which may have slowed it a bit, however I have 3 IM's in the mac which may or may not slow things (not sure)

Whatever, the time difference is quite significant.

Not quite related to this thread but I do find FF3 (with 7 tabs) very slow with the mac but very fast with the PC
QUOTE Thanks
Horness

Horness is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz MacBook (4Gb RAM) + Dual 3.2 Xeon MacPro (16Gb RAM) + iPod Touch 32Gb

15 Reasons to Switch to Vista

You mean this does not convince you to put your Mac on eBay and run down to your local computer store and demand an under-specced' PC pre-loaded with Vista?

Shame on you.

I'm a Microsoft Certified Professional (in Server systems, Desktop and Security) and after being on the Vista Beta programme for over 12 months, and being able to get it at a greatly reduced price on day of release, I opted to switch to Mac. The switch cost me thousands, but I've had a grin on my face ever since.
My job means I have to maintain my Microsoft accreditation, but it does not dictate what I use on my own machines.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Hoe come so many windows professionals are moving to the mac, we recently had to prise an iMac from the cold dead hands of the IT department, they always came up with another excuse why the thing was stuck being "evaluated"
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

It's funny that a new member resurrected a thread that is 5 years old, and the replies have not been to him, but to the original post.

THIS is why people don't use the search and add to threads...

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Bman

Bman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb

yeah i didnt even recieve my mac yet...but im never goin back to windows i already can gaurantee that

Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD
iPod Touch 8gb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Palm > iCal | iTunes Music transfer on USB stick Question »