Specs:
    Early-2011 MBP 13" (4GB, 320G HD) Mavericks, iPhone 6+ 128GB, AppleTV2
    Suspicious Email from "Apple"
    First time I've received any email from Apple. I'm not one to open weird stuff, but wondered if anyone else had received anything like this recently. I ask because it arrived in my primary inbox, as opposed to my Junk box. The gist of it is attached - it wouldn't allow me to cut and paste, which is even creepier.

It came from "Apple@support-client-security.com" with the subject "AppleŠ Your account has been out of date!"

Does anyone know if Apple has a spoof email address to forward these things to? Just curious.

Thanks! Dee
    Attached Files Attached Files

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Welcome to Mac-Forums..

That's spam, pure and simple. You'll see this for ALL sorts of accounts from online services like Facebook, Twitter, Apple to your banks and other institutions.

Know that NONE of them proactively scan like this. So if you were to click through the e-mail, you'll be sent to a page that mimics the real Apple sign-on page but is in reality just stealing your information..

What they usually do is to put a front to grab your information and then re-direct you to the REAL page. You think you've mis-typed something and re-enter your information on the real page, it logs you in and you carry on without giving it a second though.

Unfortunately, you've just handed over your credentials to a bunch of hackers/spammers without realizing it..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    Early-2011 MBP 13" (4GB, 320G HD) Mavericks, iPhone 6+ 128GB, AppleTV2
    Oh absolutely it's spam, I figured that much. I just wondered if Apple had a mailbox to forward these types of emails to, like banks do.

Thanks for the reply! I hope no one gets sucked into one of these. I hear about people all the time getting duped by these.

Thanks!

Specs:
    Imac 27", i7 3.5GHz, 3TB Fusion drive, 32GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    Shoot it to Security at this link:-

https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Thanks for the link. I got something similar recently. Anyone interested check this thread. The pdf I posted has the original e-mail as well as indications of what sent up the red flags.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014)/27iMac .4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor / iPhone5S, iPad 1
    I received it too. I clicked on the link and a Fake Apple page opened, My Sophos Security software caught it right away. It was just a picture of the page with the only active link going to a iTunes payment update. I deleted it and changed my PW. The URL was www. grapedoor something
    I should not have even open the mail but it looked so real.

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 7, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    Security Rule #1. Never click on a link in an email, even if you are 99.99999% sure it's OK. If the email asks you to go to a site, go there yourself if you wish, but don't click the link, ever. Anything you need to see, you can get to directly, without a helpful link from the fisher.

Specs:
    20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 GB ram | 10.11.5
    support-client-security (dot)com is not apple.com, so it's not from apple. its probably phishing which is worse than spam.

Thread Information