New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

dealing with MacMall

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nicst47

nicst47 is on a distinguished road

I think that I made a BIG mistake dealing with MacMall. They seem very "shaky" when it comes to rebates and specials.
It looks like if you forget to dot an I for cross a T, your chances of getting your rebate will be void.
Plus they mention all the "free" stuff when you buy your Mac, but again, it is all "free" after rebate and if you don't fill out the form 100% perfectly, the rebate is void.

Has anyone had any experiences with MacMall?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicst47 View Post
I think that I made a BIG mistake dealing with MacMall. They seem very "shaky" when it comes to rebates and specials.
It looks like if you forget to dot an I for cross a T, your chances of getting your rebate will be void.
Plus they mention all the "free" stuff when you buy your Mac, but again, it is all "free" after rebate and if you don't fill out the form 100% perfectly, the rebate is void.

Has anyone had any experiences with MacMall?
I don't think that business practice is confined to MacMall. They are ALL sticklers for the details when it comes to mail-in rebates. That's why they don't just take a discount right off the top. Statisically speaking, the majority of customers will either forget to send the rebate in or negate the rebate in some way, or just get frustrated and give up. That's sort of what they're counting on.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

I've never dealt with them, but I've heard good things. Why do you ask about this?

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

They're counting on the fact 80% of people don't fill out the rebates as cwa said. They'll do anything not to give you your money back.
I'd never buy from them.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
nicst47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
They're counting on the fact 80% of people don't fill out the rebates as cwa said. They'll do anything not to give you your money back.
I'd never buy from them.
I agree with you guys on that.
I think in the future that I will just deal with The Apple Store at my local mall.
QUOTE Thanks
nicst47

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM View Post
I've never dealt with them, but I've heard good things. Why do you ask about this?
I guess that I am just trying to get some feedback from others about MacMall.
Personally, I don't like the way the entire internet store is set up.
Customer service, contacts, and rebate information is hidden and almost impossible to find.
I will just deal directly with Apple in the future.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I wouldn't mind buying from MacMall or MacConnection if the prices are lower before rebates. I also like the fact that I wouldn't have to pay taxes.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
EORI

EORI has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

When dealing with an on-line retailer for the first time, you should always check their satisfaction ratings.

MacMall's reseller rating is fairly abysmal. Take a look HERE.

In addition to the Apple Store, I would highly recommend Amazon. I bought both of my Macs from them, and their online rebate submission required nothing more than for me to register the information. No cutting out the product bar code or submitting the invoice, or any other nonsense.

While we're on the subject of rebates, I recently had a VERY bad experience with Kaspersky. Either they or their rebate processor are nothing short of crooks. They can't even get their lies straight. Take a look at this POST.

Happy to be back to a Mac
QUOTE Thanks
bubba

bubba has a spectacular aura about

I bought both of my Macs through MacMall and if I remember correctly had rebates on shipping for both. I had good experiences with MacMall both times -- the sales person did seem a little miffed that I called to order my Mac Pro rather than ordering it online, but there were no delays or mistakes with the order and the rebates were well within the timeframe specified.

When I purchased my machines MacMall had better pricing than I could get with an education discount -- which is why I went with them. Now, I think Amazon is pretty close.

I've read quite a few complaints about MacMall since I've purchased and it seems like they are pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to service. Maybe my experiences were the exception and not the norm, but I would be somewhat apprehensive to purchase through them again after reading some of the complaints (but then again, people are more likely to complain online than they are to give kudos).
QUOTE Thanks
macuser9000

macuser9000 is on a distinguished road

I'd purchased an internal hdd and requested 2-day shipping using UPS. I'm not at home during the day to receive packages, and hence usually go to the pickup location to pick up the package. So I was expecting to pick up the package at my local UPS store.

However, MacMall decided to ship the item via Fedex 2-day shipping. Now, there is no Fedex pickup location near my place. I had paid Extra to use UPS 2-day instead of Fedex 2-day due to this reason.

1. How come the option to use UPS was available on the website was available when the fulfillment service provider does not have UPS available as an option, but only ships Fedex?

2. I called in customer service and had to wait 30 minutes before putting down the phone (this was during early evening). I called back customer service later at night, waited 15 minutes and this time someone did pick up the phone. However, they were not of much help besides saying the item had been shipped 2-day and I should STAY at home to receive the item!

I'm extremely unhappy with the situation, and the non-ability of the customer service agent to provide any sort of resolution. I'm trying to understand why MacMall is the #1 Apple Superstore? I've been a loyal amazon.com customer for over 5 years, purchasing multiple computers and other electronics and never had any such issues.

MacMall should try them out sometime. Maybe use amazon.com fulfillment as their provider. (I'm not a Amazon.com employee).

I'll be thinking twice before purchasing again from MacMall or recommending you to any of my friends.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pre-Move Jitters | Recent Simpsons episode spoofs Apple »