New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

CA Driver's License..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

Is a CA driver's license valid up until midnight on the day of expiration????

My guy is having a pretty important birthday on Saturday, and wants to go out to the different bars, but his license expires that day and he doesn't have a new one.

Will he be able to have a memorable birthday or is he outta luck??

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Why can't he go get it renewed tomorrow?

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Tell him to get his lazy bum up early and go to the DMV and get that sucker renewed!

What birthday is it? 21?

(also, they're probably not going to check the expiration date, and if they do, they won't bust balls about a few hours.)

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

They'll only give him a temporary one, and he'll have to take it with him to the bars along with his ID that's expiring. I've heard from some people that it's pretty much dependent on the doormen.

QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

Yup.. it's 21! That's why it's such a big deal.. if it were another one... I think we'd probably just do something at home with friends.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLindzo View Post
wants to go out to the different bars[...]

Will he be able to have a memorable birthday

will he want to remember it?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
will he want to remember it?
The only good birthday is the one that (apparently) didn't happen.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

until you go to get that std test or kill someone innocent driving home to their family or knock someone (or yourself) up or any number of other completely undesirable other endings to that scenario...

wink all you want it's still can be fatally serious!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
veritas

veritas is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express

this happened to my friend in vegas for his 21st (had a CA license too) he didnt even know. but it didnt stop him from being let into places , just one place kicked him out. like someone said its up to the doorman. he should just go to the dmv just to be safe.
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
until you go to get that std test or kill someone innocent driving home to their family or knock someone (or yourself) up or any number of other completely undesirable other endings to that scenario...

wink all you want it's still can be fatally serious!
Well, if you are safe and have reliable friends around, there is no reason not to celebrate! It really is a big moment in life.

But the key is being safe...

You may want to just stay at home that night. That night is reserved for getting trashed...not necessarily going to bars. OR, go to a couple bars and have a few beers, just for the experience. THAN go home and finish the process

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

This is why I love Jersey, your license doesn't expire the day you turn 21

And cheesy, I don't know what you're talking about, it's definitely more fun getting trashed at a bar on a Saturday night than at home

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
And cheesy, I don't know what you're talking about, it's definitely more fun getting trashed at a bar on a Saturday night than at home
A house party with all of your friends around? I don't think I believe you!

But I don't have much bar experience...

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLindzo View Post
Is a CA driver's license valid up until midnight on the day of expiration????

My guy is having a pretty important birthday on Saturday, and wants to go out to the different bars, but his license expires that day and he doesn't have a new one.

Will he be able to have a memorable birthday or is he outta luck??
So why didn't he get it renewed a month ago? He could have, the DMV would have given him a new license for another 5 years....

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post
A house party with all of your friends around? I don't think I believe you!

But I don't have much bar experience...
It's much more fun getting wasted when you have both your friends and a whole lot of random strangers around.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
So why didn't he get it renewed a month ago? He could have, the DMV would have given him a new license for another 5 years....
I'm not sure.. Honestly, he probably didn't think about it at all. But, now that he is thinking about it.. I am too because my birthday is at the end of the month, and my license expires this year as well. I thought you were supposed to receive a renewal notice in the mail, but I haven't gotten anything yet.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Books | How often do you backup your machine? »