New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Freelance on a resume?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

I finished a 3 month gig where I was paid to repair many old photos. I also put them all into digital format. It was a pretty big project so I want it on my resume. I was paid by a person not a company. How do I put that on my resume?
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

I would simply put it as 'Freelance work'.

It is pretty irrelevant, as long as it is clear and concise. Resumes are simply a 'snapshot' of your experience and past work history. You can elaborate in an interview later.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

If it is relevant experience to what you want to do, include it! Whether you were paid by a company or an individual doesn't matter. Frankly years ago I did free software beta testing for a company. While I didn't get paid, it was relevant experience.

Good luck!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Happy birthday Alexis and Bill_Gates! :-P | Moto Razr V39 »