New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Help me help him

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Emmett

I have a PC using friend and I am trying to get him to see the light and get an Apple for his next computer. He is being wierd and is afraid to switch over. Share your stories of switching over to macs and tell him how he will never go back to the Personal Crap. Please his life depends on you!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

There is no feeling like being freed from the scourge of worms and random massive slow downs from spyware! Check the sig!
QUOTE Thanks
Emmett

Need more posts
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Curlynose1

Our family switched from Windows to Mac about a year ago and we haven't regretted it since. The systems are excellent for just about anything except games.
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

I use a combonation of both. One has advantages, the other has advantages. It just depends what mood I'm in.
QUOTE Thanks
cde_woods

I can't explain it, but I'll never purchase a PC again. I don't care about the price. A computer is going to be a huge investment no matter what -- why not get the best?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I always look at what the computer is going to used for, before I make a suggestion. If he is going to do just e-mail, and surfing the net, then either platform would work. If he need say AutoCAD, then it is a PC. If he is doing video work I would suggest Apple, because Apple hardware and Final Cut is cheaper than a PC and Avid. As most of you know if it is games then he is looking at a PC.

So the question is what does he do on his computer, how does he use it?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Emmett, what are the specs of his computer?
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

It's built on UNIX, so that means you can just leave it on sleep for months and months and wake it up with the click of the mouse or hit any key on the keyboard. Its beautifuly easy to use. Also, Windows is slowly but surely losing market share because of OS X. Also, Apple computers are becoming cheaper and cheaper. Look at the eMac and iMac G5 and iBook!!
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Oh, about games, buy a Playstation 2.
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

OS X is how an operating system should work. The PowerBook is the best notebook I've seen.

Switch now. You won't regret it.
QUOTE Thanks
ibmac'n

Since I bought my mac, I have never looked back. No more blue screens, worms and pop-ups. No longer will you have to take the blame for something that windoze did, not you. Yeah, I love working on the mac.
Oh, an added benefit, your blood pressure will go down a few points too.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Mac rocks. I seriously cannot use Windows now, it's that bad compared to Mac OS X. I now notice things about Windows that would have never bothered me before, because OS X is just so perfect compared to Windows.

Plus Apple makes the most good looking products in existance, period.

Tell your friend to get one, and if he doesn't like it he can bash me here all he likes.
QUOTE Thanks
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh, about games, buy a Playstation 2.
you mean Xbox...
QUOTE Thanks
Mr. MAC

Well I'm only 15 years old but I have already been set on the right path (using a MAC™). Anyway I have converted my friend so now he wants a MAC™ also. and the main thing that helped him see which was the best was that MAC™ is VERY user friendly and EXTREMLY easy to use. And he keeps telling all me about the new programs he's gotten recently and all I can do is smile because my computer already has that feature-_-. And as someone already said the only drawback is that there isn't as many games that are compatible with MAC™(and some that are, are slightly more exsensive). So good luck with converting yet another lost PC™ user.

And Remember
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New emac and aol dialup.... | Trouble Room mates »