New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

My Most Admired Company: Apple

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iaminvincible

iaminvincible is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram

Hey guys, I need to do a speech on my most admired company for my Business Communication class, and I have obviously chosen Apple, and I was wondering if anyone had any points I could include in my speech. Please help!

An apple a day keeps the doctor away...
QUOTE Thanks
Icarus

Don't get me wrong, Apple is a fine company - but from a business standpoint they aren't 'the best' company. From a business standpoint I'd go with Microsoft since they do control 90-some percent of the market...
QUOTE Thanks
iaminvincible

Yeah I know. But i have already made the big mistake of submitting apple aas the company I'm gonna be speaking on. I'm thinking i'll state hardware as one reason - G5 and ipod, software - Mac OS X, and great after sale support. I think those three are valid reasons for admiring apple. what do u think?

QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

Dominating the market doesn't necessarily make a company admirable at least to me. Apple is a company built on risks and extreme innovations. It has had a tough run but will always be around just for these reasons and their amazing accomplishments. Read the book "The Second Coming of Steve Jobs" by Alan Deutschman, It goes deep into Steve's passion for his way of running things. Good read. Good luck with the speech
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Yeah, you can include apples history. They were really the company that brought the PC (personal computer) to the market place in an affordable user friendly package. The Macintosh was really the first computer with a GUI.

But for todays standards, I'd have to agree they aren't the best company from a business standpoint. You may have to concentrate on innovation and design. They come out with products years before microsoft copies them. iTunes & the iPod are probably the success of apple imho.
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

How about the fact that Apple is a DEBT FREE company? That has to account for something.
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

And the fact that other companies seem to follow in the innovating footsteps of the Apple designers and engineers. These designers and engineers were hired for a reason - to innovate - not immitate like the competitors. Just trying to help.
QUOTE Thanks
iaminvincible

Thanks for all ur help and support guys. Im getting there. I will post the speech up once I'm done with it. Keep the ideas coming though!

QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

I admire Apple because they ship me dead computers and cause me a lot of downtime.

Everyone enjoys that.
QUOTE Thanks
iaminvincible

I didnt get that one Absolute Zero. Whats that supposed to mean?

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

He's still whining about something that happened a couple months back.. he's been negative ever since.
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Umm...Steve Jobs is either vegetarian or vegan (let's hope vegan), because he was an ex-hippie. He may be the world's richest hippie. Apple was founded by two guys named Steve (both hippies). Because Steve Jobs is vegan, Apple seems to be a more socially and environmentally progressive company than most. For example, somewhere on Apple's website (in the batteries section) they claim that if you give them dead batteries they'll dispose of them in an environmentally friendly manner. Seeing is how Jobs used to be a hippie, I could believe that.

Personally, it seems to me Apple isn't quite as progressive as Ben and Jerry's (another popular company selling innovative expensive products founded by two hippies), but it's still overall a good company. I mean, when you think about it, Steve Jobs may be a vegan, while Ben and Jerry certainly are not.

Oh, and I think Apple invented the color screen or something. They also invented the lightest desktop computer (iMac G5), and possibly the smallest REAL laptop (iBook G4). They also have made many products used by famous people, particularly Final Cut Pro and Shake. They also created the operating system on which many famous Microsoft products were first tested, like Office and Halo. And I believe they invented the first MP3 player that can hold 20 GB. I believe all MP3 players before that didn't have that much capacity, but there's also another version of the iPod that can hold 40 GB, so that's probably revolutionary too. Let's see, what else, what else...I'll think more about this later.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
He's still whining about something that happened a couple months back.. he's been negative ever since.
Whining? I'm pissed off. And I want the world to know that I am pissed off at Apple.

My schools PC network is up more than this piece of crap.
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Sorry about going off-topic here, but what DID happen, Absolute Zero? I'm curious to know. If we knew, we could be more sympathetic.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

One thing you may point out is that OS X is the only truly complete OS for personal computers. IMO Windows must restart from scratch without the indefensible registry (have a look at Norton's site) Every new threat edits the registry. And Linux has a few more tweaks to go
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Go PhireFox!!! | Clean up »