New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple Store - Victoria Gardens, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

andimx

andimx is on a distinguished road

We took our 1 yr old iMac to the store to do the tune up under the Apple Care program. They accidentally wiped out the hard disk and said to send the whole computer to a data retrieval company. They gave us a free 300gig external hard disk as compensation for not telling us to make a back up prior to the tune up. They wouldn't take out the hard disk for us. We went back another day and requested they take out the HD, and they did, so that we could try to recover the data ourselves. However, as we were driving home, we noticed they ripped the HD out and the S-ATA and power connectors were damaged and basically now the HD had to be sent away to be opened (a more expensive option - $2700!) to recover the data. We went back and complained, and they offered to take over the costs for the retrieval. So we took our computer home and wanted to see exactly what they had done. and we opened it to check if their are any damages inside. As we opened it we figured out that they destroyed the complete protection tape around the screen and ripped off the antistatic tape which covers the CPU and other important chips. Finally the screen itself was only attached by ONE (1) screw and a lose screw were bouncing behind the main-board. We returned the computer to the store and after a long discussion we finally received a new computer as exchange to the damaged computer and got our HD back.
The Manager was helpful but not really interested that his store damaged a complete computer. Now we are still have to recover the data. We don't trust this store anymore since they messed up everything they could. The complete procedure was very unprofessional and we spent the whole day in the apple store. We are very disappointed about this all how Apple take care of customer computers.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Lets just hope they have got one bad employee and him or her will be fired.

Was the replacement any good
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Agreed, that is very unfortunate.

Rest assured, the consensus is that Apple's Support is more often than not very good, both with quality and efficiency. I'm sorry for your situation, hopefully it never happens (or even has to happen!) again.

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Get all of your documentation in order and place a complain with Apple HQ. This is something I believe they would want to hear, so the problem can be fixed.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Get all of your documentation in order and place a complain with Apple HQ. This is something I believe they would want to hear, so the problem can be fixed.
Now there's a good idea.

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
AtTheCross

AtTheCross is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM

my experiece at the store is that there are three really good genious' the guy with a sleeve ta, Jason (could be Justin) and a kinda portly (sorry dude if you're reading this) late twenties' early thirty guy with glasses. I know that last one was very vague. But if I said the white guy with glasses, that would not have worked either because every time I've been in there every employee has been white; which is unusaul for Southern CA

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1Cor 1:18
QUOTE Thanks
andimx

andimx is on a distinguished road

Here are some photos we made of the mess. As you can see they mostly destroyed everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACA0011.JPG (214.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ACA0004.JPG (174.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg CCA0002.JPG (899.1 KB, 9 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Fiance is jealous of my Macbook! | The Untold Story: How the iPhone Blew Up the Wireless Industry »