Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Specs:
    2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
    Question How to ask for a girl's number?
    Hello. I'm 17 and on Monday I saw a really pretty and friendly girl working in a store at a street selling clothes and all. I went into the shop, asked her a lil' about the clothes, and then went away after looking around. Now I'm deciding(actually it all depends whether I'll be able to get the guts to do it or not) to ask for her number this Friday when I make a trip down to the street again with my friend. Anybody knows how should I go about doing it since she's working in the store and I won't get to speak to her for more than a couple sentences in case her superior catches her doing so. I'm thinking, "Hello. I know I'm a lil' direct here, but if you don't mind, could I have your number? If you don't want to, it's okay ya." Comments or suggestions anyone?

It's weird posting this on an Apple forum, but lol this is the only place I got.

Specs:
    Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
    ask her how long she has worked there, where she is from etc.. to start a conversation then just ask her if she fancies doing something sometime. If she says yes then this means she is intrested.. exchange numbers to organise it.

sorted.

If you get nervouse tell yourself what have you got to loose. if she thinks ur a muppet you never have to see her again and dont have to go in the shop. if she is a nice person she will be flattered you asked her even if she says no. if she says something cocky or nasty she is really not interested.

yeh spot on well said,, good luck!

Specs:
    2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
    I don't think she can get the time to talk such a convo with me since the shop is extremely small, and pretty crowded at times. She wouldn't be able to get away and speak to me for so long.

Specs:
    Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
    keep it short and sweet then... ask her if she has had a busy day, then ask her if she fancies doing something when she is off. you cant script asking some one out, its one of thoes things you have to play by ear.

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro 4GB
    OK, 20+ years ago I would end up in the same situation. Here's what I learned over time: She's already decided on an answer in case you come back in the shop and ask her out. It's up to you to find out what that answer is.

Be presentable. Go in and buy a shirt or something from her, and then she has an excuse to talk to you for a longer period of time. Have trouble making up your mind between 2 or 3 shirts, and get her opinion. After she's helped you - and you've been asking her about HER during this time as well - ask her if she'd like to have coffee / tea / lunch / go out sometime.

Regardless of the above option, suggest locations that are somewhat public, and near her store, so that she doesn't get a chance to feel 'on edge.' A daylight date/meeting is the thing to do, these days - one without alcohol.

Most importantly: BE YOURSELF.
    Perry M Lynch, CISSP CISA
    Mac Newbie, Security not-so-newbie

Specs:
    iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano
    You're in Singapore?
    Most folk here are USA and UK. It would be hard giving advise not knowing the culture and what is expected (or tolerated).

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by giulio View Post
    You're in Singapore?
    Most folk here are USA and UK. It would be hard giving advise not knowing the culture and what is expected (or tolerated).
    Good advice.
    It is also not such a good idea to ask here while she is working.
    Last thing a girl really wants is to be hit on or chatted up while she is trying to work at her job.
    Lingering around... buying something (that you are only buying for the sake of getting a moment to talk to her)... A guy can score a big fat 10 on her "annoying-creep-o-meter" that way.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    When I was about 17 I worked at a department store checkout.... had a guy come through my register..... he ended up waiting for me til I got off work and then asked me out.

He was clutzy about it - watching me and walking backwards and tripping over a garbage can. Thought it was funny.. went out with him for about a week. LOL...

But like giulio said... depends on culture. And yes....... just be yourself.

Specs:
    C2D MacBook Pro
    Just be like:

'Listen, I know you want everything I have to offer, so let's make this easy. I will write a number down on this piece of paper right here *grab scrap sheet of paper and write your number on it* and you can be free to pursue this at your leisure.'

Then walk away before she has time to reject you. It's foolproof.

OR

You can pull the ol' kindergarten trick. When you go to check out, hand her a folded sheet of paper that says 'Will you go on a date with me? Yes/No/Maybe' Girls go crazy for stuff like that.
    Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?

Specs:
    iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano
    cheesybanana, you earned your name! =)

I think sincerity would work best. And like others said, you don't want to be a pest at her job.
    Just say you'd like to have lunch (or whatever meal) with her during her break, or after she gets off work.
    It's fast, simple and painless. You get an instant answer... no more killing yourself from the inside out!

Strike a conversation, ask her if she wants to go for a drink, job done.

Asking a complete stranger for her number would be stupid and lets be honest she could be a crazy phsyco or shallow.
    Man of much music.

Specs:
    iBook G4 OSX Tiger
    OR for another fun idea, you could tell her you are psychic and that you are great at guessing phone numbers. Then you spout off some random phone number and when she tells you you're wrong, she'll have to tell you what it really is to prove it.
    Ridiculous- adjective: deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd. ex. It is ridiculous how many people think the word ridiculous is spelled with an 'e'.

Specs:
    15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by puaerotch View Post
    OR for another fun idea, you could tell her you are psychic and that you are great at guessing phone numbers. Then you spout off some random phone number and when she tells you you're wrong, she'll have to tell you what it really is to prove it.
    Ha, thats fantastic. If i wasn't engaged I would so try this it just for kicks lol.

Specs:
    15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by puaerotch View Post
    Ha, thats fantastic. If i wasn't engaged I would so try this it just for kicks lol.

But in all honestly like everyone said be yourself, and tell her you would lreally liek to get to know her and if should would like to get some coffee on her break.

Thread Information