New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple Remote STRESS TEST

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Just in case anyone was pondering the durability of their little six button Apple Remote...

I was retrieving my laundry this morning and noticed, after I had removed all of the clothes from the machine, that there sat my macbook's quaint remote control.

With a lot of dread, I gingerly picked it up and visually inspected it for damage. No blemishes or signs of structural damage could be found, even though it had made it through a "heavy duty" wash cycle and 50 minutes of high heat and rapid rotational drying.

I brought it back to my room and pressed the menu button, expecting not a thing to happen. To my surprise, Front Row promptly appeared!

Good on you Apple, making your remote durable enough to withstand even my stupidity

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

Those Chinese really know how to make um....

Wait, what?

Cool story though. I'm always afraid of my cat getting stuck in the washer/dryer. I don't think he would be as durable as your remote...

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Please don't test your cat idea

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmartconnect View Post
Please don't test your cat idea
I love Fidel too much to do anything to him. Peanut, on the other hand, is fat and stinky. It is tempting....

JK

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
EuphLlama

EuphLlama is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch

haha, I'm always scared I'm going to drop a knife on my cats. I'm always cutting meat (steak, ham, turkey) in the kitchen and they stand right under waiting for a piece.

Back on Topic:
I'm just waiting for the day someone in my family puts one of our iPods through the cycles. Ugh, that'll be the day I die.

Computer & TV: MacBook Pro 15-inch, Intel 2.2. iMac 20-inch, Intel 2.4. AppleTV 40G
iPod: Nano black 4G, Touch 8G
Phone: iPhone 4G
QUOTE Thanks
thedood

thedood has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.

Actually that will be the day your iPod dies.

NABET - CWA <the union label.
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacameraman View Post
Owch.

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
EuphLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacameraman View Post
haha. One of my friends put her nano through the washer and drier (blonde) and she took it out and it still worked! Before I had my iPhone, I had a RAZR and it went through and didnt come out very nice.

Computer & TV: MacBook Pro 15-inch, Intel 2.2. iMac 20-inch, Intel 2.4. AppleTV 40G
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphLlama View Post
...and drier (blonde) and she took it out and it still worked! Before I had my iPhone, I had a RAZR and it wen...
http://www.economist.com/displaystor...ry_id=10311266

Sorry ugly people...

QUOTE Thanks
EuphLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post
hahahah, thats crazy!

QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

My 30gig 5G video went through the wash & it came out just fine. Unfortunately my keyless entry remote for my VW GTI fell into a puddle & it hasn't worked in over a year.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

My iPod nano went in the wash... didn't work afterwards. I have a front loading washer/dryer and they are AGRESSIVE. I opened it up to discover the logic board was torn in half (could see the inside of a few chips) and all wiring was destroyed.
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

Jeez iRye, can you wash anything less sturdy than chain maille in that thing without it getting torn in half?

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Guitar Hero III... SUCKS! | Well just broke up with my girlfriend...... »