New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Do you have to make an appointment to be seen in an apple store?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac_OS

Mac_OS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard

hi i recenlty bought a 2.16ghz white macbook and it is totally not working correctly. I am going to take it to apple store in regent street today but i was just wandering if i have not made an appointment will they even see me?

thanks

jordan
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

In the US, you need an appointment, but it's not as bad as it might sound. You can do it a couple ways.

One is that you can make a Genius Bar appointment through the Apple website. Find your store and see if you can schedule an appointment for today. You'll get a scheduled time to meet with someone.

Another is that you can just go into the store and schedule an appointment while there. You may be able to see someone that way, but personally if I were you I'd call the store first.

Good luck!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You need an appointment in the UK stores as well, though if it is a really simple problem (my ipod crashed) a member of staff will always help

yours is definitely an appointment problem
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

-Yes you should make an appointment early, almost every store I've gone into without an appointment, I've waited up to 2 hours driving around before they called me in. You can ask to be added to the waiting list in case an appointment becomes available, but they nor you have any idea when that will happen if it happens. Sometimes they can work you in b/t people but if they do that don't get angry when they stop helping to go to their next appointment.

QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You can make an appointment on your local apple store's website
QUOTE Thanks
spolebitski

spolebitski is on a distinguished road

Wow i went to a store and they told me to call apple care. They really did not want to help me i guess. I must have not been clear that I was having a problem and wanted someone to look at my macbook (in hand).
QUOTE Thanks
Shannonb

Shannonb has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski View Post
Wow i went to a store and they told me to call apple care. They really did not want to help me i guess. I must have not been clear that I was having a problem and wanted someone to look at my macbook (in hand).
That's surprising. I've never heard of a store telling someone who came in to call AppleCare.
QUOTE Thanks
spolebitski

spolebitski is on a distinguished road

I was surprised too. I was like whatever I had too much to do than make a big deal about it. I did sit on the phone for an 1 1/2 hour with apple care, but at least i could do other things (pay bills, check email, shop) online.
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Redifer

Joe Redifer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc

I've been the only person in the store before and they still would not talk to me without an appointment. Not exactly the best way of doing things, in my opinion. It feels kind of elitist somehow (as does the entire Apple Store experience). Of course it can be handy when the line backs up out of the store due to thousands of people having broken Macs. Fortunately I haven't had to do this very often so to me it is a fairly minor complaint. Usually the employees themselves are nice, just bound by the crazy rules.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Mac Ad (Animation) | ebay fees »