New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Root Canal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Question...
Im going in the morning for a root canal and Im scared out of my mind, has anyone here had one and if so can you tell me what it was like..

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

never had one, but my dad is a dentist and I have assisted on a few emergency root canals.. they seriously are not that bad, most of the people i have seen get them walk in to the office in so much pain and walk out praising my dads very existence. so I think the worst part of root canals is simply the fear leading up to it.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Actually not that bad at all. I have had a few and the only "pain" is when they inject the pain medication. After that there will be pain.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

The only pain will be the needle for the freezing, but that isnt even too bad. The problem with the root canal is it usually takes a long time so its a bit uncomfortable.
QUOTE Thanks
TamiRene

TamiRene is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool

I had a root canal a few months ago. It was virtually painless. Even after all was said and done, it didn't really hurt. My tooth felt weird for a few days, but it didn't hurt. Hopefully your dentist is a good one.

"There are those who talk, and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand."

-Khalil Jibran
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

I've had like 6. Piece of cake. Worst for me was I had to get a filling in my front tooth and they had to go in thru the bottom. They sliced my gums across and pushed them away from my teeth with a spoon like object. That sucked, but I couldn't feel it. It was wierd watching him do it in the reflection of the light though.

That took about 8 shots of novacaine before I didn't feel it while he was working on it.

Like I said, root canals are cake.

T
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Well it went fine and i have no pain this morning which is great but OMG the filing in the canals killed me lol it is an uncomfortable procedure to say the least LOL

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

I had to go to the dentist yesterday too.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

I had to go to the dentist the other day too, I have an appointment tomorrow as well. *SIGH*

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Coheed & Clutch | New 1-18-08 trailer (Cloverfield) »