New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Airports.. Not the computer kind.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

I'm standing at the San Jose International Airport waiting to board a flight to Arizona. I don't mind the flying... In fact, I enjoy it! But the airport and the people here... I mind. I usually fly Southwest and they've recently (within the last 2 months since I've flown) changed to not only boarding by A, B, and C but now they implemented a new numbers system to go along with their letters. If I could take a pic from my phone and load it, I would. This is insane and stupid IMO.

Anyways... Felt like ranting. It gave me something to do for a few minutes!

Oh yeah... And did I mention I'm in group C, #21? That's no good!

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

So much for the days of the mad stampede to get the "good" seats....

QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be flying anytime soon. I wouldn't want to have to deal with the crap in the airport.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I fly a lot and don't mind airports much. You just have to give yourself the proper amount of time and know how the system works. I am use to it though. Being a high level frequent flyer member and flying in first class always helps though.

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Yeah. Numbers-and-letters boarding at least makes some sense, since it prevents a rush.

Still, it gets a little silly when its...

1. Special needs and families with small children.
2. Platinum Super Elite Power Medallion Extreme members
2. Gold Ultra Medallion Pro members
3. Silver Medallion members
4. Lead Medallion members
6. Carbon Medallion members
7. People in rows 1-2.
8. People in rows 3-5.
9. Okay, everybody in rows 6-75, your turn. Please don't shove.
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

My god I'm going to be overrun on Tuesday, flying from Newport News, VA to Atlanta, GA (slowest airport to busiest airport).

QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

See, I wouldnt mind the numbers except since I waited until the last minute to get my boarding pass... We got sucky seats. There were maybe 5 people behind us in line to get on the plane. So.. My seat was right out of a movie -- VERY last row, middle seat with a guy on either side of me.. Not much room in between 'em. The only reason I didn't like the seat was because of this creepy guy on my left.. The other guy was hella nice and reminded me of the guy's in my family. He had similar interests too because he was coming down here for a car show and boat races. (I'm down here for the Goodyear car show and PINKS All Out live!)

I wish, with flights lacking assigned seating, people would be more considerate and not leave the middle seats. I realize that no one likes it, but we all have to deal with things we don't like. And eventually... We'll all have to take the middle. It's just a matter of when. Haha.

in the end, I know its my fault that I got the seat I did, but really ... Who wants to admit when they're to blame. Heh.

As for flying First Class... Southwest doesn't know the meaning of those words.

QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist View Post
Yeah. Numbers-and-letters boarding at least makes some sense, since it prevents a rush.

Still, it gets a little silly when its...

1. Special needs and families with small children.
2. Platinum Super Elite Power Medallion Extreme members
2. Gold Ultra Medallion Pro members
3. Silver Medallion members
4. Lead Medallion members
6. Carbon Medallion members
7. People in rows 1-2.
8. People in rows 3-5.
9. Okay, everybody in rows 6-75, your turn. Please don't shove.

BTW... This made me laugh so hard! It's so true!! I told my brother I'd break his leg next time so we could get on first. =)

He didn't mind the idea.

QUOTE Thanks
Lynx

Lynx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2 GHz PowerPC GH, 512MB RAM, 150GB HD

Southwest has assigned seating now? Gosh, I need to get out more.

Last time I flew, I flew Southwest with the seating rush. It wasn't too bad, but trying to get through customs afterwards was like waiting in the line for free money: long, endless, and boring.

Good luck to anyone flying.
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
Southwest has assigned seating now? Gosh, I need to get out more.

Last time I flew, I flew Southwest with the seating rush. It wasn't too bad, but trying to get through customs afterwards was like waiting in the line for free money: long, endless, and boring.

Good luck to anyone flying.
They don't have assigned seating, but along with the A, B, and C groups... They have number groups. The numbers help determine who gets on the plane instead of the "mad dash" to be the first in your group. Just make sure to get your boarding passes as soon as you can. =)

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Pinks All Out Live? When will that be on TV? I love Pinks, but don't watch it regularly. I always get too mad at the people making the deals and the guys that are obviously holding back and trying to play it off.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Pinks All Out Live? When will that be on TV? I love Pinks, but don't watch it regularly. I always get too mad at the people making the deals and the guys that are obviously holding back and trying to play it off.

I'm not sure when it's going to air. I think they'll tell us tomorrow... If they do, I'll post an update.

Sadly, I only get to watch the show when I'm out here because we don't have Speed channel yet, where I live. Hopefully, we'll get it soon.

AND!! I know what you mean about those stingy guy's. Last night, this one guy wouldn't go above $200, so they didn't even do a bet. And it was like.. Top 4. Chicken!

QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

UPDATE: Pinks All Out!!

So, I got to see the 2nd time runs by all the cars and then some jet cars (AWESOME)!

Waited there to find out that the 16 cars that were to race were all running' 12.5s! We were pretty upset about that. Fastest car out of 'em was an 8.21. He won $500, so that was good. It was fun to see the cars run and see all the drunk people trying to convince us they would be fine to drive later.

Overall, it was a good experience. The show isn't scheduled to air until the beginning of season 5 -- so not 'til March or April. =/

Anyways.. Goin' home tomorrow, so I'm happy!

QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLindzo View Post
UPDATE: Pinks All Out!!

So, I got to see the 2nd time runs by all the cars and then some jet cars (AWESOME)!

Waited there to find out that the 16 cars that were to race were all running' 12.5s! We were pretty upset about that. Fastest car out of 'em was an 8.21. He won $500, so that was good. It was fun to see the cars run and see all the drunk people trying to convince us they would be fine to drive later.

Overall, it was a good experience. The show isn't scheduled to air until the beginning of season 5 -- so not 'til March or April. =/

Anyways.. Goin' home tomorrow, so I'm happy!
Dude thats horrible....I run about that stock.
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

Glad I fly airtran, you pick your seat ahead of time, I got exit door seats closest to the door, gotta have my legroom.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Care . . . so expensive! | Latest addition to my pack »