New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Tazered and Pepper sprayed, WOO HOO!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

Well we had a training day at work today. First we get pepper sprayed and have to go to another area to complete certain tasks. Then after we somewhat recover we get tazered. All in all I would have to say I prefer a good old fashioned gunshot wound to either one. This is the 3rd time for the Tazer and 4th time for pepper spray so you would think I would be used to it, but you know it still kinda hurts. Anyone else get sprayed/tazered on a semi regular basis?

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

cant say that i do
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Sheesh! Remind me to avoid whatever your line of work is!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I find the tazering part "shocking." As far as the pepper spray goes: that sounds like "nothing to sneeze at!"
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

no you didn't say that, PapaNoHair!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Lisa

Lisa will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB

My husband is a training officer for Taser procedures for his PD. Everyone who is going to carry a taser has to be tazed themselves so they can see how it feels. I saw the video of the time he had to do it. He said it didn't hurt, you're just incapacitated until it stops. He' been sprayed too - at least a few times.

You guys are nuts.
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

I work in quality control at a tazer factory. They test them all on me before they leave the factory. Sadly, most of them work very well.

iMac - 2.4 C2D - 4GB RAM | MacBook - 2.0 C2D - 2GB RAM | AirPort Extreme Base Station
QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
I find the tazering part "shocking." As far as the pepper spray goes: that sounds like "nothing to sneeze at!"
Now thats funny! We had it videoed this time, I'll post a link as soon as i can get a copy of the video on .mac account.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I've been tear gassed and pepper sprayed before (when I was in bootcamp) but never tazered....

QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

Which one do you think is worse baggss, OC or CS. To me OC just hurts but it lasts a while. CS makes it hard to breathe but once you are out of the chamber its pretty much all over with.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

CS was worse for me and seemed to last much longer, even once out of the chamber. OC hurt like heck but didn't seem to last as long or impact me as much. Then again, this was back in the mid-80s and the CS was Vietnam era vintage and OC was still fairly new and may not have been a strong as the stuff they use today.

QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i would go with pepper spray being worse. cs clers my sinuses. pepper spray burns all day. i get sprayed semi-annually for a qualification i am required to have.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfreap24 View Post
i would go with pepper spray being worse. cs clers my sinuses. pepper spray burns all day. i get sprayed semi-annually for a qualification i am required to have.
Ah yes, force protection.....

QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

I'm afraid I'd wind up dead from being tazered!! NO thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

i never have been. dont think i ever want to be
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Latest addition to my pack | Some early Holiday Cheer. »