New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Guitar Hero III

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JPerry2010

JPerry2010 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch

Yeah, so for those of you who don't already know, Guitar Hero III is out on Wii...and it couldn't have come at a worse time. I have three exams next week and my org is bringing in a speaker Thursday night...and I am addicted to this game.
QUOTE Thanks
CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

Yup, as soon as you start playing on expert, its really fun.
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

I think the PS3 controller is laggy. The gameplay feels different from the 1st two games. I even calibrated the lag to no avail. I can beat 1-2 on expert with 5 stars pretty easily. On this one, I can sometimes get 3-5 lol. The song list is nice though.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

It's not out until the end of the month here... and I'm off this week! Why can't I have it now?!

Say it with me people: "Simultaneous worldwide release". In a world where I can talk to someone in New York without leaving my chair, and for free, or be there in 7 and a half hours... why do we have to wait a month for a game?!

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

You know, I never thought I'd like the game as it seemed kinda silly to me. Well, I picked it up for the 360 Friday night and I must say it sure is a fun/entertaining game.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotdess View Post
I think the PS3 controller is laggy. The gameplay feels different from the 1st two games. I even calibrated the lag to no avail. I can beat 1-2 on expert with 5 stars pretty easily. On this one, I can sometimes get 3-5 lol. The song list is nice though.
Yea, i calibrated the lag to my TV and my PS3 guitar still seems off. I am no expert (I am decent with hard songs) but I am getting 3 stars on medium songs. I am about half done with medium career mode. It's pretty fun.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

I tried playing it and I have no patience for the game lol, I tried it at bestbuy and I didn like it LOL maybe its my A.D.D kicking in LOL
QUOTE Thanks
Shannonb

Shannonb has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard

Got it for PS2. How about Dragonforce on expert? Has anybody passed?
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

WHOA!...this game is out on the Wii?

I've always wanted GH for the Wii since I don't have a PS2 or Xbox 360. Oh man now I really want this and I have no money and lots of school work to do!
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
Yea, i calibrated the lag to my TV and my PS3 guitar still seems off. I am no expert (I am decent with hard songs) but I am getting 3 stars on medium songs. I am about half done with medium career mode. It's pretty fun.
I've read up and heard people on PS3 are having the most controller lag issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonb View Post
Got it for PS2. How about Dragonforce on expert? Has anybody passed?
How is the PS2 version compared to the older titles? Are the buttons and timing laggy for you? If not, I might just sell the PS3 version and buy the PS2 one lol.

That song is rough. I can barely beat it on hard. I tried on expert and got to 6% lol.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL33Zero View Post
Yup, as soon as you start playing on expert, its really fun.
Is there any other way to play this game, really?

I don't have GH3, but I'm on the 2nd last set on Expert in Guitar Hero 2. It's tough, but I'll pull through.

GH3 has some better songs, but majority of them still suck.
QUOTE Thanks
Shannonb

Shannonb has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotdess View Post
How is the PS2 version compared to the older titles? Are the buttons and timing laggy for you? If not, I might just sell the PS3 version and buy the PS2 one lol.

That song is rough. I can barely beat it on hard. I tried on expert and got to 6% lol.
It's harder and faster, but I dont feel it is laggy. The hammer-ons and pull offs are a lot easier. My roommate hates the new guitar where as I like it. I went back and played 1 recently and I like 3 better.
QUOTE Thanks
smallvillefan

smallvillefan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB

I wish they made the buttons closer together. I have trouble hitting the last note constantly! But, this game is the best ever.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

I want this game, I never use my Wii because I don't have many games for it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« leopard was made for pron (SFW) | Delivery Problems »