New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Greatest Horror Flicks for Halloween.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Well I figured since Halloween is only a day away, we should start a thread on our favorite horror flicks. I know theres already a thread on 'scariest' movie, but this one is different in that we're sharing our favorite horror movies.

My pick for this Halloween would have to be Fido. It's a zombie flick. There's something about zombies that just tickles me in that nice way where I go, "oh... thats nice."
Fido isn't really a horror movie, it's more like a movie about a boy with a pet zombie. It's just over the top ridiculous.
Check out the trailer
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_...ido/trailer1a/

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
Mo_274

Mo_274 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black

Gonna watch Saw IV in the evening and then head out to a costume party
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

The Exorcist needs to be on any such list.
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Yes, the Exorcist is actually one of my all time favorite movies. I decided to pick something else this summer cause I always pick the Exorcist. But man, its just such a well made movie with a great story (in my opinion at least).

QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I want to see Fido. My problem is that I love good horror movies. That's an oxy moron though, as most horror movies suck. I do like me some zombies though. The 28 series has been awesome so far and there's speaks of a 3rd set in Paris, I really think they make excellent Halloween horror flicks. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is also up there as a top pick for me as well.

And....Shaun of the Dead. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a romantic comedy with zombies (yes, it says that on the box).

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

Re-Animator. Bad Taste. Zombies 2. Evil Dead 2. Dead Alive.

All of them are classics.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
JeffreyLloyd

JeffreyLloyd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard

Stephen King's new movie 1408 was pretty good!
QUOTE Thanks
Brandon

Brandon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook

I like the original -
Night of the Living Dead &
Dawn of the Dead

Pioneer CDJ-200 Digital CD Turntables, Pioneer DJM-500 Mixer, Technics RP-DH1200 Headphones
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Anyone every see a movie from 1976 called
Burnt Offerings
Pretty Much Scared the Pants off of me as a kid... I think the older flicks are so much more scarier than the new slasher stuff... if you get a chance check this movie out...
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

The Crow.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

The original Night of the Living Dead is a timeless horror classic. I'd also say that The Shining was moderately scary, but still a great movie.

I've never been a fan of the Saw films. They just aren't scary, their only goal is to gross people out.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post
Re-Animator. Bad Taste. Zombies 2. Evil Dead 2. Dead Alive.

All of them are classics.
Those are classics... and from way back when Peter Jackson made "good" movies, none of that LOTR crap. I wish he would go back to his roots and start making zombie/horror movies again.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
Those are classics... and from way back when Peter Jackson made "good" movies, none of that LOTR crap. I wish he would go back to his roots and start making zombie/horror movies again.
Agreed There is nothing better than seeing a young Peter Jackson chain-saw through an alien's body, than use it as a suit.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I can't have a complete Halloween without watching Halloween III: Season of the Witch. I love the jingle of the commercial they used in the film. Sort of cheesy, but it's still a must for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NDsfUANcws
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

Evil Dead 1+2, Army of Darkness... classics. Bruce Campbell is awesome.
Bubba Ho Tep is another classic with Bruce Campbell.

I also have to bring to light a crap movie that is surprisingly funny.
It's called Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood.
I'm dead serious. It's stupid. But thats why its funny.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339294/

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Wish for a Special Child.... | Apple is Doomed . . . »