New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Share the Love

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

melmation

melmation has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive

Hello everyone,

I have been reading Mac-Forums for nearly 2 years now and recently, it seems the Macbook and Macbook Pro have been taking a beating in terms of people 'hating' them or being annoyed at them for some reason and another.

So, I just thought maybe there should be a thread where people can take a little time and mention their positive feelings towards the little intel computers that could and can.

I will start off by mentioning a few of my favourite aspects of my MacBook Pro...

I love the fact it has a built in Web cam and Mic. I have never had such stress free experiences on video chat applications such as Skype and Sightspeed.

I love the design and feel of my laptop. It helps me focus on my work by not being over designed and when I do stop to look at it I allways think "Wow, I own this thing"

OS X just makes my working life that little bit nicer. Sure, Windows works too on a decent machine, but OS X just looks nicer and I find it's interface relaxing and intuitive. When i switched from PC, I did find it annoying but that was because I took time to realise that OS X is how and interface SHOULD be and that Windows wasn't necesarily 'The right way to do things'

I love the fact that hooking up most external hardware requires nothing to work properly. The ammount of times I have hooked up monitors, Printers, Camera's, Phones (via Bluetooth) and it has just worked. I LOVE getting the chance to react to someones comment "Oh....It's ok, it's on your desktop" with "Yes.....It's a Mac"

I also love the fact that my total anual bill for spyware and firewall software has only come to a total of 0.00. Okay, so AVG is free on PC and a very good virus detector, but it is so nice to have NOTHING to do to keep the Mac safe in this way.

Well, that's it for now, there are tons of other stuff I love about my little laptop, but I would love to hear what you guys and girls have to say.

It would be great if we could keep this thread positive for as long as possible.

Mel.

MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz 2Gb RAM 320Gb hard drive
iPhone 4 16Gb
iPod photo 20Gb
QUOTE Thanks
TwoTone777

TwoTone777 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 3GB RAM, Clear Speck cover, 350GB LaCie External F/W 800 HD

I bought my MBP 5 months ago when I picked up a job here in the Green Zone.

I wanted something that was simple, quiet, powerful, and effective. My wife has had a MacBook for a little over a year and I was pleased with what I saw. I have had countless laptops (Dell) issued to me by previous employers and I was fed up with the constant hassle of waiting for the thing to boot up, lugging the massive brick of a power supply around, and having to know all the little ins and outs of the operating system to be able to get the danged thing to do what I want. So, in typical male fashion, I got one that was, bigger, harder, faster, and stronger. I've had perma-grin ever since.

It is funny working in the IT industry for the Government where everything HAS to be Microsoft and I proudly place my MAC on my desk every morning. I make sure to show everyone how well XP runs on this thing and how I can easily drag items from my XP desktop to my MAC desktop. I also like to show off how easy it is to get the music or movies started with three presses of the sexy remote.

All the techies I work with are Die Hard Microsofties and I continually catch **purgatory** from them as there are more of them than there are of us. They tell me about how there is no software available for MAC and they ask me what I would do if I wanted to upgrade my video card. I simply ask them why I would need to upgrade my video card. The machine easily does all the things they do on their machine, even play their games on my XP Bootcamp partition.

I have never had a problem with my MBP while other people are always trying to fix at least one thing with their machine that they managed to foul up.

I love my MAC and plan on getting more Apple hardware when I return home to be able to store all my movies and music on a server and enjoy it from my living room or any other computer in my house.

Thanks Apple!

TT
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Store | Classic OS vs OS X »