New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Video on the Net: Always a Retarded Situation.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Void

Hey guys...
Just when ya think you have a computer all figured out...they pull some NEW bullcrap on ya...just to continue being evil. Here's the scenario:

I got a G3 Mac, unfortunately...with Mac Internet Explorer 5. Screwy things happen that *seem* to be a memory issue, so I changed the memory.(bumped up minimum and preferred size)...everything is fine, until about yesterday. Now, if I try to download a "**.mpg" video....let's say it's 2.1mb. It will download just fine...but STOPS for no reason. I thought it was just the one site, but it happened again today with videos on another site. One vid is only 1.2mb...and it "finishes downloading" at 93k! There's no "!" icon on the file like usual when you don't finish a download....the icon shows up, and it's checked off in Download Manager as if I got the full file, when I didn't. Also, sometimes the bottom half of the video will be a series of color bars or something. Basically, computers(PC/Win and Macs) don't like me, and it's taking all the patience and self-control in the world right now to restrain myself from destroying this piece of outdated 2bit garbage. I changed the memory settings back to what they were(17192 Minimum, 22240 preferred.) before, back when I had no problems.

Pleeeeeeez....Any help at all would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...1.2.1-stub.bin
QUOTE Thanks
Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
thanks...but so far...it's not installing....and yeah, I pressed "Install" after accepting the term agreements, yadda yadda. It's just stuck at "Downloading/From/To/Status"....with a progress bar that's not moving at all.

Computers hate me. This is just one more bit of proof here....I'll just try to download it from somewhere else...

*edit---...all I wanted to do was watch a video that's 1.2 megabytes!!!!! So I guess there was an install problem since I have Netscape and it basically is a Mozilla browser, right? I tried my Netscape browser, still the same damn problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Arg. Damn you Mozilla. Damn you.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...1.2.1-full.bin

That installer will work.
QUOTE Thanks
Void

again, thanks for your help...I'll drop by later to download that...

*cool looking forums here...
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Yeah on my OS 9 box I could only get the full installer to work.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Same here. I always thought it was because I had my iMac on AirPort, but I guess it's a bug.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Batman Begins trailer | iPod helps nab theif »