Specs:
    Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.

Pretty impressive..However they didn't of course run the Pro against all laptops.

The Dell XPS still holds probably the highest benchmarks on a laptop, with a whopping 3 GHz on a laptop, it's amazing.

Specs:
    See Sig...
    Interesting. I'd like to know what the complete specs for the MBP were (e.g. which hard drive it had in it). Also, they say it outperformed all of the other notebooks they tested. This is absolutely correct (at least as far as I can see)

BUT, it should be noted that there's only one model that's directly comparable (as far as CPU and RAM goes); (here's a comparison between the two closest competing models they've tested), and it has an inferior video card.

Also, there's something wrong with their pricing. You can't buy a 17" UXGA MBP with 4GB of RAM for <$3k.

AduNeButt... here's one laptop that'll thrash even the XPS (and your back should you have to carry it around with you a lot...)
    http://www.powernotebooks.com/specs/Sager/9261specs.php
    MCCCXXXVII
    Notebook RAM Buyer's Guide- How much, what type, what brand, where to buy, etc.
    MBP: 17" WUXGA/2.4/4GB/160GB 7.2K
    G4: Heavily modified Dual 533 DA

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad
    You always have to be critical of such tests. The language of this one is a dead giveaway:

The MacBook Pro outperformed the rest of the notebooks we tested
    Not to say that the MBP isn't an impressive product in an amazing package, but there are definitely faster laptops out there.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    You always have to be critical of such tests. The language of this one is a dead giveaway:

Not to say that the MBP isn't an impressive product in an amazing package, but there are definitely faster laptops out there.

faster and thicker and heavier and hotter.

Specs:
    See Sig...
    Hotter? I find that hard to imagine... Even my 1st gen Inspiron XPS notebook (with a 3.4GHz P4E [Prescott core] DESKTOP chip) stayed cooler (both externally and CPU temperature) than my MBP... though the chipset in the Dell ran far too hot. Thicker and heavier, though, I'll give you. You probably won't find a notebook that has the same form factor as the MBP that's as fast as it is.
    MCCCXXXVII
    Notebook RAM Buyer's Guide- How much, what type, what brand, where to buy, etc.
    MBP: 17" WUXGA/2.4/4GB/160GB 7.2K
    G4: Heavily modified Dual 533 DA

Specs:
    Sooper Fast!
    The problem with the MBP's are tossing all those components into a tiny form factor with a metal case. That = heat.

Larger notebooks tend to run cooler and plastic doesn't transmit heat as much as metal.

But there's trade offs for everything. MBP = small form factor, good looking, and more heat compared to some of those larger notebooks with similar specs.

I mean, look at the guts of the different notebooks. You have to do minor surgery to replace the drive in the MBP, where as most other notebooks have easy access compartments to their hdd's.
    Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
    Capitol Sound Blog

Specs:
    MacBook
    You can tell there are some die-hard Windows fanboys that are upset by this:

I guess they don't want to recommend a Mac to people.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
    Yea. however, i have a first generation macbook (white) and it is nice and cold all the time. Unless I start working with large garageband files and inputing midi. But even then, the wrist area stays very comfortable. I'm very content. The MBP do have more of a heat issue though.

Specs:
    Sooper Fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arichards View Post
    Yea. however, i have a first generation macbook (white) and it is nice and cold all the time. Unless I start working with large garageband files and inputing midi. But even then, the wrist area stays very comfortable. I'm very content. The MBP do have more of a heat issue though.
    metal vs. plastic.
    Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
    Capitol Sound Blog

Thread Information