New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

If This Doesn't Make You Happy

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Then You Have No Soul.
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

I just cried....

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

Awe. he's so awesome, kids these days don't know what they are missing. We need more people like him.

QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Unfortunately they just do not make them like him anymore! (since we do not have one - picture a smilie that has a tear running down one cheek).
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I guess I have no soul..
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

I'd imagine any non Americans had the same reaction as me.

Who?
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd View Post
I'd imagine any non Americans had the same reaction as me.

Who?
His name was Fred Rogers. He hosted a children's television show, and was probably the nicest person alive in the past 50 years.

He never talked down to children, but did his best to explain the adult world in terms that a three-to-six year old could understand. Studies showed that children who watched the program were markedly calmer afterwards. He never had a scandal, was never a publicity hound, and never tried to "branch out into new media." Nobody can even remember him raising his voice in anger.

He died a few years ago. Raising children without him will be that much harder.
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post
I just cried....
Me too... I miss him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

Here is a very nice article about Mr. Rogers if anyone is interested.

15 reasons Mr. Rogers was the best neighbor ever.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/5943

He was a man of exemplary character.

iMac - 2.4 C2D - 4GB RAM | MacBook - 2.0 C2D - 2GB RAM | AirPort Extreme Base Station
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

His show and Sesame Street are probably the best children's shows ever made. Today it's all dumbed down with big sounds and bright colors that do more to simply hold a child's attention for the parents than to actually educate. His show also peaked my interest in jazz music, which I have loved since then.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbE5N-NjWZI

If that doesn't make you laugh, then you have no sense of humor.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

I also cried when Mr.Rogers died

QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a41lJIhW7fA

<3

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
Quiara

Quiara has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM

Mr. Rogers was a wonderful man and an integral part of my childhood. I met him once and he was just as wonderful in real life.
QUOTE Thanks
Coline_MacGirl

Coline_MacGirl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Mac OS X 10.4.11 2.16 GHz, iPod nano 2nd gen. 8 GB

I really miss him. I used to watch him so much when I was younger.

Coline_MacGirl =)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« For the last time, it is not I-Pod! | MacBook Charity Purchase »