New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

FTP causing system crash

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bluewolf

Having my Mac since January I have not once needed to use the 'apple, alt, esc' command. In fact up until yesterday I did not know how to force quit from applications as I had no need to do that.

However on logging onto a FTP server for work related issues it caused my system to freeze up and required me to force shut down my PB through pressing and holding the power button. This happened twice.

Yet mysteriously this did not happen the last time I logged into this FTP server, which would have been some time last week.

So what is going on? Is there a problem with the FTP? Or is there something more sinister lurking around this problem?

PowerBook G4 OSX 10.2
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf
Having my Mac since January I have not once needed to use the 'apple, alt, esc' command. In fact up until yesterday I did not know how to force quit from applications as I had no need to do that.

However on logging onto a FTP server for work related issues it caused my system to freeze up and required me to force shut down my PB through pressing and holding the power button. This happened twice.

Yet mysteriously this did not happen the last time I logged into this FTP server, which would have been some time last week.

So what is going on? Is there a problem with the FTP? Or is there something more sinister lurking around this problem?

PowerBook G4 OSX 10.2
Moght b a ftp program error. or mayb yr internet 2 slow or mayb yr mac was hacked. download a new ftp client fr http://<a onclick="mugicPopWin(this)...utilities/</a> or mayb u isntalled a beta programm?think different
QUOTE Thanks
Bluewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mac 13
Moght b a ftp program error. or mayb yr internet 2 slow or mayb yr mac was hacked. download a new ftp client fr http://<a onclick="mugicPopWin(this)...utilities/</a> or mayb u isntalled a beta programm?think different
Quite possibly it could be an ftp programme error. As for my internet, its the company's... enough said! So no problem there.

As for my mac being hacked that worries me. How could somone do this, and if they have done this how to correct the problem?

And thank you for the link but I am afraid it does not display properly.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

What you using? I use Fetchftp.
I've yet to experience any problems with it.

http://www.fetchftp.com/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The incredible sinking post...** | New to here! »