New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Do you sleep to music?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

And what do you listen to?

My favorites:

Yann Tierson (from Amelie soundtrack, mostly)
Kaki King
Explosions In the Sky
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Mogwai
Carla Bruni
Christopher O'Riley
Six Parts Seven
Billie Holiday

Or just classical radio on iTunes.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

I just shuffle through my songs, which is a large variety of music.
QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

I used to when I was young, now if I have trouble falling asleep I just turn the tv on.

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

I used to, a long time ago, now I prefer silence.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
Rabbit

Rabbit is an unknown at this point

TV or the iPod, it rocks.

QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I put my iBook beside me at night and have an album play while I fall asleep.

I cannot fall asleep if there's no music. I just hate waking up with music still playing.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i used to.

i would either leave mpr on their classical station or i would use any number of my tape/md/cd mixes that were more slow and moody.

i haven't really done it since i have been married (with either wife), and especially now that i have a kid that i need to keep an ear out for.

i do still need background noise, which typically comes from a fan in the room.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
DonkeyKong

DonkeyKong is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB

i just switch on some random playlist on the mp3 and hit the hay.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Sometimes I get in the mood to listen to some soft music before I go to sleep. I have a playlist of slow songs, so I just pop in my earphones and hit play on the playlist.

There are times when I fall asleep before the end of the first song. Then there are times when I can go through the entire playlist and still be lying completely awake.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

I used to listen to the radio all the time to fall asleep when I was younger. Now I will pop in my iPod if I feel like I have too many things rushing through my head. If I do it's really mellow music. Some of my favorites for listening at night are The Postal Service, Jimmy Eat World, and other nostalgic cds.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I never used to. I prefer my silence when I sleep. But I find sleeping now so boring. So I'll watch a dvd and drift off to sleep while listening to that. So I'm doing something and now wasting the time trying to get to sleep.
QUOTE Thanks
moly

moly is on a distinguished road

I used to...
But sometimes I prefer silence...
Cocorosie
Faist
Motley Crew
The Hives
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

I'm so F'ing tired at the end of the day i can sleep to jackhammers.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

From time to time I'll listen to my iPod while I fall asleep.

Foo Fighters
Big Head Todd
The Police
Dire Straits
Etc....
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

I have a Machine that simulates Crickets and One Setting is the ocean, it was a gift and Ive been addicted to it for 3 years now I even have to take it when I go away on Buisiness LOL
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Priceless. | Oh David... »