New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

A Wish for a Special Child....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nokialed

nokialed is on a distinguished road

ive sent my payment via paypal. then read the last few posts!
QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

Thats great news about the donation. I'm up for what ever the rest of you decide. If he needs a computer maybe we could sell more tickets and get him a mini or something. Just let me know what we are gonna do.

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

I'm going to coordinate with macjuicy23 and RIDE to decide what to do. We do need a decision on how to proceed. Personally I'm going for a resolution this morning. (It's 7:30AM here.)

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post
Is there anything else the money could go towards? Anything at all that you could think of? A college trust fund would be amazing, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be to set up. Some states have funds set up that we might be able to put into with minimal set-up.

Just an idea. There has to be SOMETHING to put the money towards...
You know John more than we do. Like cheesy says, is there anything the money could get him that he'd enjoy on top of having his dream Xbox? You alone can tell us what is best.

Or like babarnette suggested, a Mac Mini? An iPhone? His very own iPod Touch? Or something like that?

If there are a few bucks missing, maybe we could let the raffle continue till that amount is reached...

It's your call macjuicy. We await your decision.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

WOW!!!! Great news this morning....

I'm super busy at this moment... sorry for not being able to comment.

As of this moment...

I have received full payment through PayPal from the following people:
Skye: $10
Cherokee: $40
babarnette: $20
cheesybanana: $30
Netty4Mac: $10
Nokialed: $10
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

Not to take away from the donor's generosity, but what if there are warranty issues? You don't want to give him an expensive gift that could be useless if something were to happen to it. Let's face it, being a Microsoft product, it very well could happen.

Maybe the donor would be willing to donate just the extras. That way we could get John a brand new XBox with the money we have raised. He gets the protection of the factory warranty and he gets the pleasure of breaking the seal on the packaging.

The raffle could continue as planned. There aren't any further issues to solve.

Just an idea... Whatever you decide is fine with me.

iMac - 2.4 C2D - 4GB RAM | MacBook - 2.0 C2D - 2GB RAM | AirPort Extreme Base Station
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Im going to talk with Mathogre and RIDE this morning....

we will be posting soon... I am speechless by the kind of people I have met on here... you are all amaizing!

God bless
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Well, Myself, Mathogre and RIDE have been discussing the raffle situation and we have come up with a solution....
Even though we are receiving this incredible donation from this member, we feel the raffle should go on. You have all been such a major factor in making this happen that I feel this person would of never made this donation if this thread would of never been started and been so positive.
The prize will still be the IPOD Touch, but the 420.00 will now be used for the following:

1. Paying the shipping costs on the Xbox gear being Sent
2. We will buy John his Own IPOD Touch that he could use whenever he goes to the hospital or just wants to hear some tunes.

Every Penny of it will be used for John.... Period any Money left over will be Donated to The American Cancer Fund in the Name of MAC-Forums...

Since the use of the Money has changed, if there is anyone who would like to back out of the Raffle can do so without feeling bad at all.... The great thing about all of this is that we will now be giving him an even bigger gift which is amaizing!!!!
They will be sending me the Xbox and accessories by next week, I will not be presenting John with anything until I purchase the IPOD Touch with the money collected.

I want you all to know that you have all been incredible through all of this and I'm proud to be part of these boards... You should all pat yourselves on the back and feel proud for what you have accomplished...
Even though the person donating wishes to remain anonymous I would like to thank you for making this bigger and better than we could of ever expected....

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, (I have a lump in my throat, and a tear in my eye typing this...) with all the bad things happening in this world its nice we can do this........ God Bless you all.....
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

sending $25 to ride in the mail because paypal decided it was go to make things difficult on me.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

So we're on. Yay!!!! Here's the status.

The drawing is still for the iPod touch and the Store Credit of $33.48. Nothing changes here.

I think we still have 4 tickets remaining, so now's your chance.

We also have the raffle software to be scrutinized, tested, et al.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...112#post498112

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathogre View Post
So we're on. Yay!!!! Here's the status.

The drawing is still for the iPod touch and the Store Credit of $33.48. Nothing changes here.

I think we still have 4 tickets remaining, so now's your chance.

We also have the raffle software to be scrutinized, tested, et al.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...112#post498112
WOOT!
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

To everyone who is part of the raffle these will be the deadline date and official raffle Date...

All of the Money has to be in RIDES hands to be part of the raffle by Midnight
Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Drawing will be held on
Friday, October 19, 2007
The drawing time will be based on Mathogre's Program
MATHOGRE WILL DO THE OFFICIAL DRAWING IF THATS COOL WITH EVERYONE... HES WORKED REALLY HARD ON THIS

Unless I have any Complications The Prize will be mailed to the winner the same day as the drawing and a tracking # will be PMd to Him or her,
IF FOR ANY REASON WE DONT MAKE THE GOAL OF $420.00 WE WILL ADJUST THE DRAWING DATE ACCORDINGLY

If you have any questions for whatever reasons or cant make the Money Deadline please contact myself, RIDE or Mathogre, we just want to have a date to shoot for....

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

As of this moment...

I have received full payment through PayPal from the following people:
Skye: $10
Cherokee: $40
babarnette: $20
cheesybanana: $30
Netty4Mac: $10
Nokialed: $10
MacHeadCase: $10
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

John's Xbox Dream Raffle

FIRST PRIZE: IPOD TOUCH 8GB
2nd PRIZE: Apple Store Giftcard for $33.48

We Only have 4 Tickets left, Its Payday and I was hoping we could Knock this out of the park Today!!

Its Only $10.00 per TICKET, a small price to pay for such a great thing

PLEASE PM RIDE TO SEND YOUR RAFFLE DONATION

Tickets are Limited and Deadline is Approaching, reserve your Spot... you have a 1 in 42 chance of winning
and seeing a huge smile on a special KID

Drawing will be Held Friday, October 19 2007
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

OK, I'm in, put me down for one Ride - and sent via paypal already.

So, only three left, come on we can do it, got faith in these boards.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Setup Pics! | Greatest Horror Flicks for Halloween. »