New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Playstation 3... Thoughts???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

What do you all think of the PS3???

My brother bought one a couple weeks ago and loves it. He is wanting me to buy one so we can play a gamed named Warhawk online togehter. I looked online and found that Skate was just released, and this looks really nice.

I do not have a tone of time to play video games... But I do enjoy them when I get the chance. The PS3's free online play sounds nice aswell. I'm not sure how much I would use the Blu-Ray player for DVD's as I mostly rent movies, and haven't noticed any Blu-Ray rentals.

I'm just trying to decide if I should go get one...

What are your thoughts???
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i think the ps3 will outlive the standard 5 or so year product cycle that seems to be the norm for most consoles. also, i personally am a huge fan of some of the sony exclusive titles like gran turismo and ratchet and clank.

that said, i don't have one yet, but i will someday in the not so distant future.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
DoneDeal

DoneDeal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS

I'd rather have a Wii and XBox 360.
It has great graphics though.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Xbox 360 has much more games and xbox live is always packed with gamers ready to play
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
Xbox 360 has much more games and xbox live is always packed with gamers ready to play
agreed... but the monthly cost would irritate me.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
agreed... but the monthly cost would irritate me.
well its no contract so you can pretty much cancel it whenever... I just love how there are always gamers ready to play almost any of the xbox live games...
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

giving MS any more of my money would irritate me.

too bad too. some of the games look pretty good.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Halo 3 is going to be chaos... fun 24/7
QUOTE Thanks
AndrewAZ

AndrewAZ is on a distinguished road

I have one but I use it more for playing blu ray movies than playing games.. I havent played a game on it for 3+ months since nothing good is out yet.. But GT5 and grand theft auto are just around the bend..
QUOTE Thanks
Tek

Tek is on a distinguished road

I must admit, I've always been an xbox fan myself. The PS3 seems to have a bit more going for it on the graphics end of it right now but I can't get over the xbox's user base, feel, and I find the game play more fun than Playstation.

Although Halo 3 is going to be available for the PS3 now too. I'm not sure how much that's going to revolutionize or expand anything but that could give the PS3 a boost.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek View Post
I must admit, I've always been an xbox fan myself. The PS3 seems to have a bit more going for it on the graphics end of it right now but I can't get over the xbox's user base, feel, and I find the game play more fun than Playstation.

Although Halo 3 is going to be available for the PS3 now too. I'm not sure how much that's going to revolutionize or expand anything but that could give the PS3 a boost.
Halo 3 on PS3 will be on a PS3 server... there are far more Xbox 360 owners out there
QUOTE Thanks
eric

for now.

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Is Halo 3 coming to PS3????

Anyone have a link???
QUOTE Thanks
DoneDeal

DoneDeal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
Is Halo 3 coming to PS3????

Anyone have a link???
No, 360 only.
QUOTE Thanks
ki99

ki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

i thought the 360 had a free version of xbox live?

but i defenitely have no plans to get a ps3, every single time i have used one in a store, it has froze on me. the guy at toys 'r us told me he would reset the ps3, but he stopped taking down the out of order sign. i have a wii, and love it! gameplay over graphics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« any youtopia or myspacia | Family Guy Season Premiere »