New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

The Macworld rip off...not me.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bmode

Bmode is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 3.2ghz/4TB/16GBram - Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel 2 duo core/4GBram/750GB

I've been a faithful subscriber to Macworld since 99'. So when a renewal notification letter arrived stating this was my last issue before expiration of the subscription, I thought I'd take a break and not renew for $30 something bucks, and see if I miss the ever thinning magazine, which used to be filled with informative articles. By the way, who the hell is Andy Ihnatko? His articles stink, it seems like he's trying to impress the editor with fancy smancy words and semantics, instead of giving us the skinny. Bite me. Anyway, a few months went by and I started to wonder what I was missing. So upon resigning up with Macworld, I only payed $19.97, and saved a bunch.

Why is the renewal more expensive than a new signer upper? I want a refund for the last 2 renewals! What up wit dat? Hey renewal people, don't pay it!!! :eek:
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I just signed up for the first time (just bought a Mac) and it was only $19.97 also. I followed a link that was on the .Mac page that was advertising that lower price for new subscriptions.

rberry88

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
CaptainMack

go with macaddict. is a very good publication
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Yeah MacAddict is the best
QUOTE Thanks
Bmode

Bmode is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 3.2ghz/4TB/16GBram - Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel 2 duo core/4GBram/750GB

What does MacAddict offer that MacWorld doesn't, because I'm kinda leaning that way now.

Nice avatar by the way.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

For one they are quite a humurous magazine, so you'll really enjoy reading it, they have great reviews, great hints and tips.. this last one that I read.. today actually, it was on 50 Panther bugs and how to squash them. They have a great writer staff and seriously all the articles are fun and enjoyable.
QUOTE Thanks
CaptainMack

i agree. they dont really have any boring aricles. whenever i get the new mac addict i usualy finnish it thet day, reading every single article. my neighbor recently gave me a collection of old mac addicts (about 45). and i have read them all.
QUOTE Thanks
pcjabber

Agreed. Addict is awesome! If you are unsure, pick up a copy at a newsstand and pay the $5 for it. It comes with a coverdisc (even with the $24 sub -- either pick up a card in the mag that says "Your Cost $24" or call 1-888-771-6222 and ask the rep for the subscription with promo code JMT4SD1AY or JMT4SW1AY (no difference -- $24 for 12 issues & 12 coverdiscs plus "the MacAddict Ultimate How-To Collection". Note: offer good in USA only.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Commercials | College frat? »