New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple Pirates

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iSheep

I know quite a few people. Most of whom use Windows XP Profesional, pirated: either from the 'net of "of their mate". A lot of them also 'hax0r da plan3t' (whatever that means). I have special words to describe these type of people, but I'm not allowed to say them out loud.

Point of this topic?

Well, there is a lot of piracy in the Windows world. I get annoyed with it, but I can see why sometimes. We have three computers, all of which now have Windows XP Home. Two of which we had to upgrade to XP. That cost us 160 ($200). That is a silly amount of money - worth it, because of the upgrade from 98 and ME, but still silly.

Point of this topic?

Well, like I've said, I've seen a lot of Windows piracy - but I have never, ever heard of anybody downloading Panther or iLife '04.

Am I under false impressions, or do Mac users really care about their computers and Mr Jobs?
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

When the first Tiger demo was released on a bittorrent server I know of, there were around 150 downloaders.

To add to this, the Tiger build was a leaked one, and older build of the ones given to the developers at WWDC.

Trust me, they are out there.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

They are out there just proportionately much less than the windows world.

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Yeah, they do exist, they always will regardless of system or OS. But like trpnmonkey said, I think proportionately much less on the Mac. Most of us with Macs have them because we know how awesome they are and we're more than willing to help financially suport Apple because we know that's what they need to survive.

I also make it a point to always register my shareware that I use just to help support those small developers because they make some awesome stuff. Even if it's free, for example Adium, I still donate to them to thank them for their work

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Macs have loads of pirates. It's just that there are fewer Mac in the world (compared to other OS') that the piracy seems to be less. But it is there.
QUOTE Thanks
Icarus

my friend offered me a copy of Tiger a few weeks ago. (I decided not to take it) just because I am paranoid about viruses...(I know there aren't too many, but he doesn't have a mac to try it out on first!)
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

My friend is downloading tiger as we speak. I'd like to get my hands on tiger. When does it come out?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

First half of 2005

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Urinetown | Freaks & Geeks »