New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I'm back after 4 weeks without the net!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Craig

Craig is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM

Well I moved house last month and realised there was no existing internet access in my flat. Between the various farces conducted by Sky, BT, and Orange it took 4 weeks to get online! No email, no internet radio and no mac-forums for weeks. It was very unsettling lol. I even missed the new ipod announcements.

Went to the new Glasgow Apple store at the weekend with my friend and, much to my surprise, there were beautiful new nano's sitting in the shop! I also tried out the new iMacs. Stunning. For any of you naysayers who doubt the new design and screen (I was one of them), you have to see these machines instore. The 24" blew me away. Really beautiful for viewing photographs and HD video (excepting the mediocre response time). I now want one
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

4 Weeks! That is whack! I openly admit that i'm a net junkie. Need to be able to access the net all day...
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Wow - four DAYS and I would be in "net withdrawal"! Amazing you survived!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Lucibel

Lucibel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 4GB 1333MHz 320GB / 60G iPod Touch

4 days without internet access at all?... I won't even imagine how that feels like
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I know how it feels. I once went through 3 and a half weeks without Internet access 2 years back. It was like torture...

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

Dude... that's nuts! When I moved to Kansas this summer temporarily for an internship, I had no internet for 2 days in my apartment. I went nuts. I need my daily source of Digg/E-mail/CNN/etc. I could've done that at work, but I hate the feeling of NOT having internet access.
QUOTE Thanks
Craig

Craig is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM

Yeah it's not fun. After a week you are forgetting that you need your daily fix, but you start to realise that you can't do any internet banking, pay bills, even get itunes artwork and track names from gracenote. At least it stopped me buying too many apple products!
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Arg! I'm moving into a new apartment for the 1st of October, and there's this stupid situtation I'm in with the only DSL/broadband provider in this area.

It's complicated..

Basically, once I move, the only net I'll be getting is from my cell phone/smartphone (once I get it).

So I'll be leaving the boards for a bit in about 2 weeks. It's gonna suck, because I have no idea how long it'll be before I can get service.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome back, Craig! Betcha have a lot of catching up to do in M-F!
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

I would die. I mean, I would simply combust.

The internet and my cell phone. I would give up pretty much everything else in life to keep these two.

Pretty sad, huh? I am truly a child of my generation.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post
I would die. I mean, I would simply combust.

The internet and my cell phone. I would give up pretty much everything else in life to keep these two.

Pretty sad, huh? I am truly a child of my generation.
I can live without my computer, but take my cell phone and I'm a lost soul.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple stores that accpet payal. | Apple Warranty? »