New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Call from (769)-100-800

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cutwolf

Cutwolf is an unknown at this point

Yes, 9 digits. I googled it and could find nothing. The 769 area code is supposedly in mississippi, but I'm not sure what the 100-800 would be.

My phone was on silent so I missed the call and no voice mail was left for me. I called the # back but it said the call could not be completed as dialed.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it a verizon number (I have verizon)?
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

when i get a call from blockbuster saying I need to return a movie its from 000-000-0000 and when any international call comes through its usually just random symbols and numbers

could be anything...

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

sometime phones that are in trunklines come up as the trunk number instead of the phone number. it is a number assgned by the telephone switch to that trunk. it usually can no be called from an ordinary phone. it was probably someone in a phonecenter somewhere calling to offer you something.

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Somebody sent a spoofed CallerID. It happens.

Nine-digit phone numbers are impossible according to the North American numbering plan.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Beauty does not necessarily equate to brains.... | Macs in the Media! »