New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New UK Macsite

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sealey

I am currently developing a mac site aimed at mac users in the UK providing news, opinion, rumours, tutorials, downloads etc. it is still in the early stages of development but i would welcome you all to give me feedback and sugesstions of what would make a great mac site. The Forum section of my site is now fully up and running and I have started compiling a directory of other Mac sites.

The URL is

http://www.macland.co.uk/

All feedback is appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Looks too.... blue and plain white. It just feels weird looking at those colours. Maybe u can add something like borders or some subtle background. :rolleyes:
QUOTE Thanks
sealey

Definately going to change the colours, just used blue and white temperarily as I was getting the layout right.
QUOTE Thanks
Bluewolf

Huzzah! A UK Mac forum, I didn't think any existed hence I joined this one.

Although now on registering I am unable to post! So instead I shall make my first Macland post here:

The colour scheme and logo need a rethink, otherwise it is looking interesting.
QUOTE Thanks
sealey

Are you getting any error messages when trying to post on Macland? WHich Forum were you trying to post in?

Am going to rethink the logo and colours in a week or two once the site is fully up and running without any bugs.

Richard Seale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf
Huzzah! A UK Mac forum, I didn't think any existed hence I joined this one.

Although now on registering I am unable to post! So instead I shall make my first Macland post here:

The colour scheme and logo need a rethink, otherwise it is looking interesting.
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Pretty much what everyone else said, it's too blue and purple.

The logo needs more work done to it. The whole page really feels like it's just floating there. There's hardly any structure. Part of a good site is it looking like a good site. So, you've definitely got some work cut out for you.

It seems like you do have the content, so that's at least a step in the right direction.

My advice for the site, figure out what you like about the design of macs, be it the hardware, or software and base the design off of that. There's a subtle, eloquent, simplicity to macs, and you need to try to capture that for the type of site you're building.
QUOTE Thanks
sealey

My plan is to get all the content and technical work done this week and spend all next week looking at layout, strucure, colours and graphics. Would welcome any sugesstions though on what colour schemes you think would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDreugan
Pretty much what everyone else said, it's too blue and purple.

The logo needs more work done to it. The whole page really feels like it's just floating there. There's hardly any structure. Part of a good site is it looking like a good site. So, you've definitely got some work cut out for you.

It seems like you do have the content, so that's at least a step in the right direction.

My advice for the site, figure out what you like about the design of macs, be it the hardware, or software and base the design off of that. There's a subtle, eloquent, simplicity to macs, and you need to try to capture that for the type of site you're building.
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Really don't know what to say other than... Using silver or white for a base color, would be a good start. Again going with the mac color scheme.

I'd try to stay away from the blue/white/grey/black scheme, although it looks nice it's just really over used.

What might help u is to look at several things.

http://www.coolhomepages.com
http://www.phpnuke.com
http://www.csszengarden.com

They'll give you some ideas with layout, colors etc. Without actually having more on your page, there's not a whole lot of suggestions I can give a blank canvas.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for a Cable! | Mastercard or Visa »