New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

IT Question - Please Help!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I was wondering something. The HR person at work said she would have an IT guy where I work to go through my files or computer to find some web stuff. They think I bought and sold stuff on eBay during company time. Is that something that can be tracked through my internet history? Is that something would be saved on a remote server somewhere?
I don't really know much networking beyond hooking two compters through a router.
Thanks in advance.
Bryan

I am not asking because I am guilty I am curious. I delete my history often but I was wondering how much can be dug up on a situation like this.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

Well, depending on the monitoring software they use, they can see EVERYTHING. Like, where you went, how long you were there for, when you left, etc. Even if you remove the local files, all the records will be stored in their app, if they're using one.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I am on eBay a few hours a day selling things for the company I work for. Could they tell the difference between usage?

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
I am on eBay a few hours a day selling things for the company I work for. Could they tell the difference between usage?
They could see your screen and everything you type; so yeah. If they where doing that though, they wouldn't need to go through your machine to look at stuff; they'd have everything they needed already.

It's easy to not leave a trace of your activities (providing they aren't monitoring you); but it's less easy to go back and clean up your tracks.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

At our place they keep internet access logs for three months - this is done by the Internet proxy, so they have addresses but not actual content.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mac upgrade ? | Coke Or Pepsi »