New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

so my gf made me feel guility.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ezekel

Ezekel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" bmb, coreduo,2gb,80gb

iv been an avid pc user my entire like 10 yrs. im 19 now...anyway

i was talking to my gf about spending ~1500 on a powerbook to use for school chat email etc. im sellin off 2 of my desktops and i have cash on the side to pay for it.

im talkin to my gf and shes wlike..so why are you getting it? just to use it for simple stuff. what a waste of money, you could save it or something.

so that got me thinking..great i had my mind set and then the guilt trip of spending 1500 on a powerbook comes in.

do i let the guilt get to me ehhehe
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

IMO the switch to Mac is all about the OS. Unless your pc's were running Linux, there is no way to rightly criticize a switch to Mac :p
QUOTE Thanks
Ezekel

Ezekel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" bmb, coreduo,2gb,80gb

my server is running gentoo but im tired of desktops
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

go for the powerbook. once your girl friend holds it in here hands, the world will change around her eyes.....or something like that. I don't know man...if you want a laptop, there really isn't any other way to go than mac in my opinion; their laptops are just so sweet.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

wow, I have never met a girl who doesnt like mac.. unless her daddy got ahold of her first then they are brainwashed to the power of the PC... sigh* girls are so impressionable.
QUOTE Thanks
jerodhusvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
wow, I have never met a girl who doesnt like mac.. unless her daddy got ahold of her first then they are brainwashed to the power of the PC... sigh* girls are so impressionable.
My old iMac is slated for use by my daughter when she's a little older (she's two now.) She'll be learning to use Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. I want her ready for the world.

jjh
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Quote:
wow, I have never met a girl who doesnt like mac.. girls are so impressionable.
Gotta agree on that one. All chicks who have seen my 17" love it
QUOTE Thanks
jerodhusvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
Gotta agree on that one. All chicks who have seen my 17" love it
There's a joke in there, but I think we're trying to stick to a "G" rating around here.

jjh
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

Get the Mac dude. It's your choice. You're using it - not her. My girlfriend bought a 12" Powerbook after her PC was always crashing. When we first met she was a PC user and hated Macs - she would always hate it when I said "well, if you had a Mac..."

Now she LOVES her Powerbook and absolutely hates PCs. You'll be happy with the Powerbook Ezekel. Let us know when you get it!
QUOTE Thanks
sirlan

Guilt be damned. It's your money so it's your decision.

Buy the powerbook if that's what you want.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerodhusvar
There's a joke in there, but I think we're trying to stick to a "G" rating around here.

jjh
i dont get it... explain it to me...

i figure with jokes like that, people who shouldn't hear them don't understand them, and people who can understand them can choose to ignore it or not.

humor is the light of my life.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

I don't really see what the joke is either, must be imagination based
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

Quote:
i dont get it... explain it to me...
The joke is the reference to the 17". As in a measure of masculinity. "Size matters". My mind is corrupted.
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

I think he gets it...he was being sarcastic, hence, the smiley face.
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a 15 inch MacBook Pro from September 2010 with 10.9 - yay!

They tried to brainwash me, but it didn't work. I broke free from the Dark Side and got a Mac.

Graphite: For the record, not all girls are impressionable. I'm not.

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Good Deeds | PC> Mac [closed] »