New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

10 things you want to change about yourself

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brendan

Brendan is a jewel in the roughBrendan is a jewel in the rough

I decided to make a list of 10 things I want to change about myself, and here it is:
1) No more lying to people.
2) No more fast food.
3) No more energy drinks.
4) Mile run every morning.
5) Become vegetarian.
6) Be more calm.
7) Get a 4.0.
8) Start listening better.
9) No more talking badly about people.
10) Be confident, not cocky.

It's not going to happen in a day, and I know that. My expectations are high, but I don't want a temporary change, I want a lifestyle change.

Brendan Welsh
Aluminum Macbook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

honestly i'm pretty happy with myself other than a few things. ten things really will be a stretch.

lose weight - at 6'1"-ish i really should be 180-190 not 250. i do want to be around as my nearly three year old boy and unborn child grow up.
procrastinate less - i'm far from a type a personality and i don't want to be one, but there are times i just have to get off my butt.
get organized - goes hand-in-hand with the one before this. i've tried PDAs, notebooks, etc - not much works for me yet.
get more serious about art again - i majored in art in college and have been artistic my whole life (photography, design, sculpture, writing, drawing); ended up as a computer operator and server support... feh.

that's pretty much it at this point. of course there are things on my want to do/see list, like watch citizen kane, but i don't put that in the same catagory.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Brendan, Def #2 for me- No More Fast Food. Cholesterol issues are very prominent in my family and I deal with it daily. I eat fast food or junk food and I feel clogged up so to speak.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

1. Exercise more often
2. Stop procrastinating (see how this fits into the first one? )

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with myself.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

Don't have 10 things, but here's my list:

1. Lose weight. I've gained so much weight in the past few years due to an unhealthy diet. Need to be back where I was a few years back.
2. Go to the gym & start running
3. Quit smoking

That's pretty much it for now. I'm happy with everything else.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Well, not to be left in the dust, I'll jump in. But I don't have 10 things either.

1. LOSE WEIGHT thats a biggie for me
2. Hit the GYM more regularly.
3 Quit Smoking (I thing the Toughest of the 3 )
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

Definitely. Quitting smoking is the hardest habit I've ever tried to break. It's so gross and bad for you, but you keep on wanting one. **** nicotine. :x

QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I feel your pain. How long have u been smoking?
QUOTE Thanks
ibookclamman300

ibookclamman300 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM

i have already started to workout, that was my big one. I used to be like 215-220 pounds and im 5'9, now im down to 200 last i checked, still need to lose like 15-20 pounds. that is the big thing. The next one is to really top off my look, i have narrowed it down a bit but i need to really fine tune it. oh and get a job, i have done oddjobs for a while this summer (ebay, photo show, camps) but i need a job to get money for a car.

Mac: Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 120gb hdd, 1gb ram, black
iPod: iPod nano 2ng gen. 8gb, black
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaMACMan View Post
Yeah I feel your pain. How long have u been smoking?
Off and on for about 15 years and I'm 29.... I really need to quit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibookclamman300 View Post
i have already started to workout, that was my big one. I used to be like 215-220 pounds and im 5'9, now im down to 200 last i checked, still need to lose like 15-20 pounds. that is the big thing. The next one is to really top off my look, i have narrowed it down a bit but i need to really fine tune it. oh and get a job, i have done oddjobs for a while this summer (ebay, photo show, camps) but i need a job to get money for a car.
Good stuff. Good luck with it. I need to do the same. My target weight w/ muscle mass is going to be around 185. I'm 205 now.

QUOTE Thanks
ibookclamman300

ibookclamman300 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotdess View Post

Good stuff. Good luck with it. I need to do the same. My target weight w/ muscle mass is going to be around 185. I'm 205 now.
i live on a massive hill so it's a good spot for jogging, hard as it is

Mac: Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 120gb hdd, 1gb ram, black
iPod: iPod nano 2ng gen. 8gb, black
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Let's see...

1. procrastinate less: I sometimes leave things to the very end to do.
2.help around the house more: ex. wash dishes, do laundry, vaccum,etc..
3.Get over my fear of driving: I don't like driving too far out. I only drive in my city and the city next door. It drives my b/f nuts!!

QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Oh ok here are a few things I'd likeHave a to change about myself:

1. Procrastinate less.

2. Stop my compolsive hording. Only with cds mind you. But now I have so many singles and albums I have to to a giant leap over the mountain of music to get to my bed so I can get some sleep.

3. Remove my bags. Yeah I can blame my imac for this one haha. More likely my lack of will power to turn it off and get some good sleep. More sleep. Less mac. I know it'll be hard but I think my body needs it.

4. Have a stable weight. Well now I am 178 cm tall (or 5"9 I think) and I weigh around 55 KG or (122 of your US pounds i think.) A little skinny? I dunno. I just want something healthy.

5. Finish the book I am writing and try to get it published

6. Beat my fear of crowds

Umm that's about it for now.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
5) Become vegetarian.
Good luck with that. I decided to be a vegetarian before I turned 24. I quit for a month after a whole year of not eating meat (I was always so tempted.) Since I quit for that month back in January, I haven't had the desire for one bite. It's a great way to live but don't think you'll lose a lot of weight doing it. In the beginning you will lose a significant amount if you are "bigger person" but a some of it will be gained back over time.

A few things I would like to change:
1. Have a little more patience with my kitten. (He really needs to calm down though)
2. Stop snacking from the vending machine at work. ($.75 for a Snickers is over the top!)
3. Keep my studio a little cleaner.
4. Quit spending all my money on my iBook projects. (I buy broken iBooks on eBay, fix them and resell them. my gf would probably like to take her out sometime soon)
5. Save some money for a new HDTV and to have some body work done to my car. (It has 2 little rust spots and it's about 4 shades or Milano Red)
6. Eat a little better
7. Exercise (i don't right now *boo*)
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotdess View Post

I only been smoking for 4 years, the most I went without a smoke was 1 week, but then I went back.

At least am not chain smoking any more, which I guess is 1 step in the right direction
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Happy Birthday Netty | Gar!!! »