New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Nice knowing you all...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johntalin

johntalin is a jewel in the roughjohntalin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

I hope all was fun and games...
I saw a lot of double standards as far as Forum Rules go, and I decided that it is not worth my time.
A woman who speaks up, I guess rubs many people the wrong way.

"Do all the good you can... In all the ways you can... In all the places you can... At all the times you can... To all the people you can... As long as you ever can..." ~ Rules of Conduct
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

you are leaving us? you were so good to have around!

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I hope you change your mind as you are a very nice person. I for one will miss you here at Mac Forums!!!!!

...Dennis
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Hi johntalin I would be very curious as to what those double standards are/were and any other info you might be able to give me. Please PM me with any info if you are still around.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Heck, this even makes ME sad......

QUOTE Thanks
MUDCRABS

MUDCRABS has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntalin View Post
I saw a lot of double standards as far as Forum Rules go, and I decided that it is not worth my time.
Hey don't go, just learn to Duck and Weave and take your points of view to the limit.
I know the Moddies here are a bit stand offish and come only come down off their pedistal now and again even if it's only to go to the bath room

Stick with it, don't let them get to ya

I dont have Attention Deficit Dis..... Hey look! A chicken!.

http://p220.ezboard.com/bmudcrabsrockpool
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Talin, don't go, you are one of the cool ones!

PM me if you feel like it.

And report to staff what is troubling you, they can't see everything, too many members, too many posts.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Johntalin, I've enjoyed your company here - I'd hate to see you leave.

I know sometimes it's easy to get carried away or take a comment (or comments) the wrong way without the benefit of actually hearing the person speak. Having been a regular on a number of different forums for quite a while, I've learned to develop a thick skin. I find that sometimes it helps to step away for a few days, to get a fresh perspective.

Anyway, I do hope you continue to visit, but if not, it's been nice having you here.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Johntalin, please reconsider. We women on this forum need each other and so far we've been able to have a voice here unlike some other forums. This has been commented on more than once.

If it was a few isolated cases directed your way, consider the source. As you know, there are a great variety of folks on any forum.

Hope you'll give it a little longer. You're presence would be missed. Please think it over...

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Carol says it like it is, Talin.
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

you're only letting them succeed by leaving. please dont go just yet.

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Talin, I understand and respect the feeling of something not being worth your time! If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't. I'm glad you're saying "goodbye" as opposed to just disappearing! You've been helpful and funny, and you'll be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Talin, I really don't know what to say. I've been trying to write a response for some time, but only four words remain: Come back, don't leave.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

I'll have to admit Talin, u will be missed and it is very sad to see u go.

But on the other hand I know where u coming from. You might want to take a break for a few days and come back, don't let the few bad, apples ruin it for everyone.

I really hope u reconsider and come back, but if u choose not to, I for one respect ur opinion and wish u well
QUOTE Thanks
biffyiffy

biffyiffy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntalin View Post
Anyone who speaks up rubs ppl the wrong way. Or I should say anyone with the contradictory opinion from the masses.

Then again, this forum has some of (one of) the most sensative mods of any board Ive ever been to.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cell phone Button-Songs | How to waste an evening looking for network issues... »