New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

About half as many illegal aliens as Mac users

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thorin

Thorin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb

I was reading about the immigration controversy and it was cited that this would affect about 12 million illegals here in the US right now. The Mac installed user base is estimated to be about 25 million. I found that to be an eye opener, kind of puts things into perspective as for the scale of things. Just sayin'
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

...what?

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

How do you count illegals if they are not... counted?

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

And are you saying 12 Million is a LOT... or that it it not may at all????
QUOTE Thanks
MikeYMS

MikeYMS has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

well the number has to be an assumed amount. you cannot count what you do not know for certain.

Maybe if I assume the government is going to give me a 12 million dollar check for being an upstanding citizen, it'll be true?
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

So... is this about Macs or illegal immigrants? maybe illegal Mac/OSX users? do illegal immigrants use more Macs? It has been stated that there are too many illegal immigrants in the US, does this means there are too many Mac users? It has been stated that the number of Mac users is not significative enough, does this means there aren't enough illegal immigrants? I support Apple, should i support illegal immigration too? Is Jobs a legal immigrant?

QUOTE Thanks
papercut

papercut will become famous soon enough

This could be nearly as much fun as the Global Warming thread!!! Come to think of it, I'll bet there's a very strong correlation between the two discussions. The same folks will still be arguing. That's just good entertainment.

papercut
--
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercut View Post
This could be nearly as much fun as the Global Warming thread!!! Come to think of it, I'll bet there's a very strong correlation between the two discussions. The same folks will still be arguing. That's just good entertainment.
Are you saying that illegal warming Macs are affecting global immigration?

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder how many pancakes they could all eat in one day.

sorry.

i apologize.

to the unit...

as a whole.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

I like immigrants from anywhere. I'm not so much a fan when politicians within the US Government tells millions of illegal aliens that their breaking the law is ok and that it will work with them to help reach their goal...
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Ummm.....

QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Hahaha, I remember talking about something like this with you Netty, don't take anything that I say personally (with the exception of "[personal] [/personal]").

QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

I know, I still love you.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

me too... but i had the same reaction.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Uhhhh, yes?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« UK most unpopular for Macs | Should I be worried? »